• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn button wire color 69 Road Runner

Wideboots

Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Trying to find out which wire (color) comes from the steering wheel horn button to the relay which activates the Beep-Beep horn on my 1969 Road Runner. The wiring in my recently purchased RR has been butchered by a previous owner to the point I just started over. Ran wire from a 3 prong horn relay to the hot side of the battery, another wire to the horn, now need to know where to run the last wire at the steering wheel to make the horn work. Just need the color of the wire coming out of the steering wheel column to make the horn work properly. The previous owner had added a horn button to make it work. Unfortunately, neither the auxillary button or the horn button on the steering wheel make the horn work. Yes, I did test the horn to be sure it would Beep-Beep when given the chance. Help please. Thanks.

Have printed the wiring diagram I need. Now to figure out wire color and where each goes. Thank You Very Much. This is a wonderful wiring resource!

OK, to close out this thread: It turns out that the horn button wire is black going in one side of the steering wheel column connector and coming out the other side of the coresponding connector the wire is black with a blue stripe. Hooked everything up and pushed the button and was rewarded with a resounding "BEEP-BEEP". I love it when a plan comes together!. Thanks for the advice in making this happen.

Auto Transport Service
Back