• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a vintage Go Cart

Wow....did some crazy stuff with mine....one being getting caught by a cop riding at 11pm with no lights, no nothing. Well, had clothes on.

Great thread! Brings back good memories but I have no pics.
No pics of mine either or the kid's carts. At one point had access to about 1 acre of land (1/2 was mine, the other was an easement) and made a kidney shaped track with berms. Had a lot of fun on that but the neighbors hated it. Oh well.

1961 Bug Scorpion . . .

1961 Bug Scorpion (1).jpg

1961 Bug Scorpion (2).jpg

1961 Bug Scorpion (4).jpg

1961 Bug Scorpion (5).jpg

LOL. Now y'all got me searching for a vintage go cart to restore so I can buzz around my neighborhood with it like everyone else does with their golf carts.

I built this last year out of an abandoned Weider home gym. Subaru 7hp engine from an old pressure washer. I welded and fabricated every bit except the front spindles. It tops out at 30mph.
20211102_153412.jpg
20211118_120548.jpg
20211124_122631.jpg
20211125_115931.jpg
20211205_164457.jpg

Many many years ago.
I had one much like the one in the op.

Was fun but quickly led to cars and much faster things on 4 wheels.

Guy in my high school class had one he mounted some kind of big V4 motorcycle engine on.
That thing was stupid fast and after nearly taking his head off going under something to low .
He crashed it...got multiple stitches in his forhead and lost a few teeth.

His parents made him pull it apart and sold it off in pieces.

This was late 70s time frame.

The guy was batchit crazy....and i would be surprised if he's even still alive

Noooo! Maybe when I was younger I would have tried that. I was waiting for one to catch the berm and flip. Crazy action:thumbsup:
I've flipped two carts. One was an end over end that dumped me into the dirt but didn't hurt me. The other was a bad roll on concrete and that one hurt me. Had bumps of road rash all over and wrenched my back pretty good. Never heard so much banging of steel on concrete so close to my head and I guess me and the cart were rolling side by side. No helmet, seat belt or anything else in the name of safety lol

Yes indeed, fun for everyone . . .

Steve McQueen
000000 ai Steve McQueen.jpg

The Beatles, July 1963
000000 ak The Beatles at Brean Beach, July 1963.jpg

Alfred Hitchcock
000000 aj Alfred Hitchcock.jpg

Prince Charles & Prince Edward, 1969
000000 am Prince Charles & Prince Edward 1969.jpg

Elvis Presley
000000 al Elvis Presley.jpg

Don Knotts and the Trophy Girl . . . Hey Don, can you stand a little closer . . .
000000 ae.jpg

I had a couple as a kid most notably a Rupp Chaparral, twin Mac 101s
raced it at Sears Point, 1969-ish, soon after the track opened ceremony
I didn't fare well
I think it was a 1966 Model too, with more fiberglass/plastic body panels

it was a hand-me-down from my older cousin Joe, he 'grew out' of it
gave it to me for helping sand/work on his custom 45 Harley trike
my stepdad was helping build 'for him'

like below (not mine)
mine had more fiberglass body upfront & pods/tanks
surrounded by plastic on the sides

the one below
sold for $24,000 :realcrazy: in Chicago recently
Go Cart Rupp Chaparral 1966 vintage sold for $24,000 in Chicago.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys were all rich kids. On the streets of Brooklyn, we made our own go-karts. From
1690693020513.png
1690693256119.png
1690693358315.png
I would build something like this
1690694074997.png
before I was 10 years old.

Neighbor kid prob about 6 him and his buddy got ahold of one of the pink battery kids cars.
Battery was shot or the motor so they would drag, push the thing up a hill in our back yard and ride down.
Every now and then tip over , crash then back up the hill.

Neighbor kid prob about 6 him and his buddy got ahold of one of the pink battery kids cars.
Battery was shot or the motor so they would drag, push the thing up a hill in our back yard and ride down.
Every now and then tip over , crash then back up the hill.
they make a 12$ dewalt battery adapter that has a power wire and negative wire that you can splice in to the power wheels battery cable wires and then run it off a 20volt dewlt battery and that will fly they will get almost tripple the speed or the hevey expensive junk 12v batterys

Auto Transport Service
Back