• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to determine build date?

The current 440 in my car sports a -.010 chain on it for the win. But in general, no, I wouldn't want a line bored block from fixing saddles over a good virgin block

The Satellite 383 was owned by a counter guy at the local NAPA. The machine shop next door was also owned by the same local racer and many thought it was the best in town. So it may have been gone through by them. I bought it wrecked down one side and rolled on the other. He lived on Nemo road. It is winding and has no shoulder with deep, rocky ditches. He took it into the ditch, parked it in a shed, and later passed away. I never used that shop as I couldn't afford to magnaflux oil pan bolts. They over did it on some builds in my opinion. I went to the place that worked on farm equipment as well as race stuff.

I bought the Satellite for $300 and the 1973 Triumph GT6+ with Overdrive for $138.

Can anyone help me determine the build date of my car? I tried an online decoder but it told me I have a Polara lol

View attachment 904582
If you know when the car was delivered as new, or when it was first registered, you might get a more accurate date as to when it was actually built.

Not an exact science, but if the two dates are within 4 weeks of each other, there is a good chance that the car was built around three weeks before delivery.

Auto Transport Service
Back