• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to make a better home cooked hamburger ?

BTW.. back to the burger or steaks even... The browning on food is the "Maillard reaction", those brown "Grill marks" are the sugars in the meat caramelizing and making soo much flavor.. Get away from ridge pans and **** that makes grill marks, sear the entire surface in a cast iron pan, don't just make pretty lines...
P.S. like 30 years ago i read a article bout cooking steaks in a playboy... one of the best things i ever read.. (playboy had amazing writers and article... useless as **** though) Cept Candy...
1709325643399.jpeg

One raw egg and a envelope of Lipton Onion Soup mix to each pound of Ground Beef. Patty em up and cook.
I've done that with meat loafs that I've made.
Mary found a recipe for White Castle burgers that calls for onion soup mix. They are pretty tasty.

I switched from chops to pork steaks years ago.. never going back :) I use a mustard sauce that takes a few seconds to make is awesome (did that to get away from sugar in bbq sauces)
I just tried these tenderized ones a few nights ago. They are like a grilled tenderloin. Again, a sprinkle of that Mango seasoning and I grilled them on the stove. They were delicious on a bun.
1709325852486.png

80/20 is key. Also, like Mike said chuck ground beef. The holy trinity of ground beef-if you can find it-is chuck, rib and brisket. I usually just salt and pepper it, but then again I grind my own so I don't need any extra flavor. lol

If you want a little more flavor, Montreal and Worcestershire sauce are good choices. Together or separately. Along with the aforementioned salt and peeper. Don't use too much Worcestershire as it has a good amount of salt in it already.

Then of course, the bun. The bread is what makes it or any other sammich, in my opinion.

you bread people are lucky... i just cook the patty with some cheese and eat it without bread... carbs are the devil!

I have so much to learn. The lean meat is one of my mistakes. I used to joke that the Costco premade patties our car club served at the shows was 10-15% beef. The patties started off 6 inches in diameter and shrunk to half the size after cooking. They tasted decent though.

I removed the propane gas regulator and put in an adjustable regulator. When you first light just crack the regulator open, wouldn't want to scorch those red eyebrows. Then work on how much flame you want. With the regulator that comes with a grill to get a rare or medium rare burger they need to be 1" thick, haha.

One raw egg and a envelope of Lipton Onion Soup mix to each pound of Ground Beef. Patty em up and cook.

I use Italian Bread Crumbs. I don't have a formula for the bread crumbs, just a few generous sprinkles. I also use the thumb method so they don't shrink as much.

1 word, Lawry’s seasoning salt. Then its 1/3 pound per burger, local butcher beef, fresh coarse ground black pepper. Cheese of your choice ( please no Blue cheese). Cast iron pan fried and buttered fried bun. Thousand Island dressing. Well thats more than 1 word but, thats how I cook’em.

I am a giant fan of worstershire.... quick tip.. NEVER buy an off brand.. only Lea and Perrins.... lesson learned the hard way..

1 word, Lawry’s seasoning salt. Then its 1/3 pound per burger, local butcher beef, fresh coarse ground black pepper. Cheese of your choice ( please no Blue cheese). Cast iron pan fried and buttered fried bun. Thousand Island dressing. Well thats more than 1 word but, thats how I cook’em.
Dayumm! Making me hungry!

1000006680.jpg

Flat iron? Hell ya! Our car club bought one. This was a test after seasoning. In one afternoon I fried up 6 cases of burger patties. They were less than 70% I bet. I bet I had 3 gallon of melted fat. They were good though.

1000006691.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back