• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove this backseat in my 67 Satellite

tonyp25

Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Alright guys I thought this would be easier but for some reason I can figure out how the back seat is removed. I thought it would just pop out (I don’t see any bolts in rear from the trunk locking it in). I just don’t want to break it. Is it just really stuck? I could’ve sworn it just pops right out but the last seat I took out was in a 74 roadrunner.

IMG_9243.jpeg

Get down on your knees.....there are two metal strips - one each side that need straightening up to release the seat from the bottom.

1721597648406.png

Remove your arm rests first - the seat will not get pass those.

There are two bolts at the bottom of the seat back that secure the seat to brackets on the axle hump. You need to get your head down low and look up underneath the bottom to see them. The upper part just slides out of brackets once the 2 bolts are removed. Brackets with slots that bolts secure to are in red circle. And yes, the armrests need to come out first.

IMG_2026.jpeg

There are no bolts securing the seat back on a 2 door 67 Satellite. There are metal tabs that go through the seat frame and bend over to secure the seat back.

The metal bracket is not installed back there for bolts to screw into.

There are bolts in a 4 door 67 Belvedere seat back.

Well I don’t know Scott. That’s my 67 GTX. Nothing molested or changed back there, brackets, screws, everything just as the factory installed and exactly the same as my 66 Satellite. Just removed the factory rear seat covers a few months ago. Still original foam, burl, listing, etc. Maybe a mid-year change or something. You can see the slotted brackets below the seat back on the first photo with the original upholstery still on it.

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_2033.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back