• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How's it going in Florida.. Covid and all?

Right there with ya 747! We love the old fort exploring too

3CD87A7A-E699-43E1-BCD2-2AFF448D0A4E.jpeg 03F8762E-BB57-4D54-A808-27BDB34A8CF2.jpeg

Can't make out the screen?

I guess I'm not seeing a big difference between states with strict mandates vs ones that are more relaxed. We're pretty relaxed in Ohio and all is fine, all I'll say is I'd rather be somewhere where I'm still free to work and eat. Like I said we won't vacation somewhere where everything is shut down, wouldn't make any sense. Get busy living or get busy dying because we can't control everything.
Couldn't wait to leave Ohio after the holidays. The dimwit Dewine had resturaunts closing at 10p. I saw that he recently extended it to 11p.

Its much better down here in Florida and don't let the locals tell you its only us snow birds running around. The locals have been running around since last summer.

Last I heard you can go to the fort in
st Augustine I love going there! All the theme parks are open and doing safety stuff Beach is open !
Fl is running as normal just stay 6 ft they say witch doesn't really happen! Bars ect. Good to go !

As for mask I'll say one thing if anyone is so afraid stay home! Very easy you can get everything brought right to you why go out !
I'm not going to put myself at risk with having that germ infested mask near my face! Anyone with common sense will know a little cloth doesn't do anything for viral stuff colds ECT. The particls just flow right threw!!!! You need a full on gas mask like the ones the military wears for chemical war far! All these cloth things are doing is holding the crap right on your face!
I will leave this at this!
No more out of me for mask s !
Steve nothing against you just doesn't make sense to me and I'm not going to hide because someone else is scared they should stay home !

Anyways fl is good to go if your near Melbourne give me a pm there's still a few car shows going on around here

I live in Pensacola, by and large it’s reasonably sane around here as far as the mask thing. Lots of beautiful beach’s with very few people. The main problem is Hurricane Sally took out the bridge from Pensacola to Pensacola Beach. It’s supposed to reopen in March last I heard. So it adds an extra 50 miles to the trip because of having to use a different bridge. But if staying in Pcola Beach not a big issue. You might check on the website if Fort Pickens and Fort Morgan are open yet, they were still closed a couple weeks ago from road damage in Sally. But still plenty of other things to do and not so over ran with people like in Destin,(traffic can be hell there).

22529D79-4B6C-4753-8F87-F43F25F3D169.jpeg 098C1504-DA3D-41C8-B5F4-2264C9B00350.jpeg

Couldn't wait to leave Ohio after the holidays. The dimwit Dewine had resturaunts closing at 10p. I saw that he recently extended it to 11p.

Its much better down here in Florida and don't let the locals tell you its only us snow birds running around. The locals have been running around since last summer.
With me waking up every morning at 4:30 for work the 10:00 curfew meant nothing to me. Honestly we have it pretty good in Ohio compared to most.

I live in Pensacola, by and large it’s reasonably sane around here as far as the mask thing. Lots of beautiful beach’s with very few people. The main problem is Hurricane Sally took out the bridge from Pensacola to Pensacola Beach. It’s supposed to reopen in March last I heard. So it adds an extra 50 miles to the trip because of having to use a different bridge. But if staying in Pcola Beach not a big issue. You might check on the website if Fort Pickens and Fort Morgan are open yet, they were still closed a couple weeks ago from road damage in Sally. But still plenty of other things to do and not so over ran with people like in Destin,(traffic can be hell there).

View attachment 1064174 View attachment 1064175
I'll check it out, hope they're open. If my memory serves me correctly the road to Pickens didn't have any bridges just a paved road down a narrow stretch of sandy beach? What was damaged? Glad to hear it's not crowded, we try to avoid crowds.. hate crowds! A lot of people up here go to Myrtle Beach, when we vacationed in NC we always went to the 4x4 beach, way less people because unless you had 4 wheel drive you weren't making 50ft on that beach lol. The Atlantic coast is filthy compared to the gulf, don't really care to go back, seaweed, brown water, jellyfish... Nope.

Thanks for the pics, the wife asked if the beach was as nice in Pensacola but I honestly never looked.. now I can show her.

Last edited:
I forget the name but there's a HUGE fort in Key West. Amazing architecture, very cool place. The fort in St Augustine is also pretty cool, but not nearly as large or ornate as KW.

I was in FL in early Dec, picking up my Charger. St Augustine. Everything was as-normal with the exception of a lot of people wearing masks. Same for Gainesville, where I actually got the Charger.

Y'know...UV light actually kills viruses. Just sayin'.

Enjoy your trip!

I'll check it out, hope they're open. If my memory serves me correctly the road to Pickens didn't have any bridges just a paved road down a narrow stretch of sandy beach? What was damaged? Glad to hear it's not crowded, we try to avoid crowds.. hate crowds! A lot of people up here go to Myrtle Beach, when we vacationed in NC we always went to the 4x4 beach, way less people because unless you had 4 wheel drive you weren't making 50ft on that beach lol. The Atlantic coast is filthy compared to the gulf, don't really care to go back, seaweed, brown water, jellyfish... Nope.

Thanks for the pics, the wife asked if the beach was as nice in Pensacola but I honestly never looked.. now I can show her.

I’m not sure how much road got damaged but after a big storm the sand drifts fill in the roadway. In places the road is only 100 feet from the beach. Even if Fort Pickens is closed there’s plenty of beach that’s open, usually beautiful and close to deserted. There are miles of beach with no condos at all.

Its very possible one person could be positive for Covid and others in the family test negative.
As far as your other comments that you dont wear a mask and haven't gotten Covid, consider yourself lucky, but the question you might think about is not about you....Think about if you did get Covid and gave it to another person, maybe a older person or a person with health issues and they didn't do well...
Its not always about you James
I don't wear a mask either. Actually, I refuse to wear a mask and be a sheeple!!!
Everyone has to die sometime!!

Auto Transport Service
Back