• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I can't believe I'm actually here...

what to do? calm/mild big block and 727, 360 swap, or just clean up and keep everything as is?

• keep her "stock"

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 360 swap

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • big block

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • "the works" - EFI small block, big block, new HEMI, OD trans, gearvendors, you name it lol

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Welcome to FBBO. :thumbsup:

thanks for the kind words and advice!

as requested, here are some more pics from when I first picked her up. The interior is kinda dodgy (pun not intended), anywhere the sun got to, is trashed (as witnessed by the rear deck) BUT

That hideous shag carpet and seat covers are protecting pristine rubber floors and the vinyl seats in back look pretty good too lol

bodywork I'd rate at best a 7 out of 10. There's some damage to the car, dings on driver's fenders and passenger door. I'm betting it'd be the obligatory chunk of change or blood sweat and tears to block, sand, and fix her up. I have about $5,000 budgeted for paint and body, I hope it's enough. I'm keeping her the original color, so that should help.

ONLY rust on the car is in the engine bay near the battery and vin tag though, so she's solid. Trunk is clean.

I've also attached a pic I found online of what this car used to look like :steering:

keeping her stock, it's the kick panels, side jams, little trims and such on the interior that concerns me. It's not like this is the "famous" B-body in orange or black, or the E-body, so there's not a lot of aftermarket when it comes to that stuff...

28109402603_ef183f7a4e_o.jpg 28109404583_2cdd9dc7d6_o.jpg 28619199572_3f1125fedf_o.jpg 28619216992_cb54a0ef44_o.jpg 28724930005_3881784dd8_o.jpg

Last edited:
hey guys, I know I haven't been "active" on the forums but I've been lurking around. I wasn't sure if "necro-posting" was okay here, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Car is up and running, but I'm taking my time with her and teaching my girls the joys of an old car. I'm still just in the hunt for the interior parts more than anything... and I'm getting to the point where I might just have to custom fabricate it out myself. Which that would be interesting.

in other news, my half-pint saw a late 50s Plymouth Fury driving down the road, and literally fell in love with it. Every time she sees wings she asks me if it's a Fury. So, there's definitely something :D

Auto Transport Service
Back