• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I cant believe it's not butter

So what isn't stock about the BB Mopar lifter valley that I'am looking at pray tell??
This I want to know.

Last edited:
It's a Ritter block, which may or may not have ever been successfully built. But being a private effort aftermarket block, sometimes the machining is suspect.

So what isn't stock about the BB Mopar lifter valley that I'am looking at pray tell??
This I want to know.
For one, it's not a Mopar block, and it's probably less than five years old. It's a private effort aftermarket block, by Ken (?) Ritter.
Whose early blocks had a MULTITUDE of machining problems.

What isn't stock about the lifter/cam location and or valve train geomertry?
EDIT! Sorry I did not know it was a Ritter block. That explains alot! Good luck with it.
Everything I posted still applies to a STOCK block.

Last edited:
Sounds to me that it's time to use that block for the base of a new coffee table and switch to a properly cast and machined block for your car.

Sounds to me that it's time to use that block for the base of a new coffee table and switch to a properly cast and machined block for your car.
Would be an expensive coffee table! I'd bet that a solid roller cam would solve the lifter problems without trashing the block.

It is possible/probable the Ritter block was only machined for a roller cam to be fitted.
Just a thought I have heard of them but I have never seen one.

Would be an expensive coffee table! I'd
Well..... we dont know... he may have paid coffee table prices hoping for a race block. Hopefully not the other way around. Ill make some popcorn.

I think i see the problem all the good lifters are off to 1 side of the lobe the damaged 0nes are in the centre of the lobe see with roller same with flat tappet Kent Ritter strikes again Roller will be OK just a lot more work to do

View attachment 1736425

View attachment 1736426
The lifter shouldn't care what portion of the lobe it's in if it doesn't run off the edge. The flat tappet lobe is tapered the same across the entire face. Unless the bore is tilted off axis from stock they should be fine.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back