• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hate to be one of those “please decode my tag” guys, but…

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
We were out picking mushrooms this evening. Found an abundance but also a burned out Coronet in the bush. Didn’t look too fancy, no floor shifter and had a bench seat but I am just curious how it would have looked pre forest fire.
I have to get back to cleaning and preserving the mushrooms or I will be at it all night so if someone could please give me a quick decode I would be grateful.
Picture of the tag and a sink full of washed, prepped morel mushrooms. Five more sink fulls to go…

IMG_0887.jpeg

IMG_0891.jpeg

68 coronet built on leap day. Maybe a 500. I don't have my decoding info. Someone else will know more.

Two tone paint.. Medium Gold Metallic body & a Black roof.. Black & White High Line Bench interior... 318 A/T...

And a 6 built for Canada car of course.
2.94?

Nice looking 'shrooms @Sahara ! Morels are the best. Chanterelles are our go to mushroom. I dehydrate mine for storage. You?

Are you going to show us a picture of the car, out in the woods?

WH23 is Coronet 440 2D hardtop.

Nice looking 'shrooms @Sahara ! Morels are the best. Chanterelles are our go to mushroom. I dehydrate mine for storage. You?
Yup, we have two dehydrators going right now. Gonna use them in mushroom soup and our home canned spaghetti sauce in the fall when we harvest our tomatoes.

Gold with a black painted top and a white interior.

Interesting

Go save it. :poke:

What's your drill on preserving mushrooms? Sounds like the Dodge has past its preservation capabilities. Sad, leaving a car like that in the woods..

What's your drill on preserving mushrooms? Sounds like the Dodge has past its preservation capabilities. Sad, leaving a car like that in the woods..
Morels are hollow, and you have to cook them. If they are fresh we fry them in butter. To dry them I split them, wash them, then put them in a dehydrator. You can also dry them on window screens in the sun.

Last edited:
Here are a few pix, and I will post a few more. The car itself was beyond salvation, but had I found it before the fire I think that the drivers front fender looked really good other then the wrinkle on the nose, the front bumper looks arrow straight but is discoloured from the heat, and I would have grabbed the front frame rails, power steering box, and power brake booster as well as any other bits. The grill may have been good, as well.
I did pull the fender tag. If anyone collects these things you can have it for free. I can mail it in an envelope.

IMG_0903.jpeg

IMG_0901.jpeg

IMG_0900.jpeg

Used, abused wrecked , discarded and torched! Geez poor thing!

Someone must have been using it for a hunting rig and broke down.

Auto Transport Service
Back