• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Know very little about the Mopar line. I grew up with GM products so I'm gonna ask a lot of questions. Cuz I already discovered the left hand lugs!

Billygun

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
In exploring this purchase I found out all of the prior owners only knew how to apply wax , chrome polish and vacuum.

The oil looked like mud, The engine was twisted up so far the oil pan was bumping up against the supports. The motor mounts were, as seen in picture 3, ( plywood with rubber sandwiched between it)
and all the usual items unmaintained.

I can't find much info on the automatic transmission for the 225 and I 'm looking for both a service kit and a backup rebuild kit. Was there only one model transmission?

Is there a go to place for 1965 Mopar parts?

IMG_8680.JPG

IMG_8679.JPG

IMG_8727.JPG

In exploring this purchase I found out all of the prior owners only knew how to apply wax , chrome polish and vacuum.

The oil looked like mud, The engine was twisted up so far the oil pan was bumping up against the supports. The motor mounts were, as seen in picture 3, ( plywood with rubber sandwiched between it)
and all the usual items unmaintained.

I can't find much info on the automatic transmission for the 225 and I 'm looking for both a service kit and a backup rebuild kit. Was there only one model transmission?

Is there a go to place for 1965 Mopar parts?

View attachment 1483184

View attachment 1483185

View attachment 1483186
Welcome to the site. That's a beauty. It sounds like it needs some love. Stick around and we can help. Used parts can be had with a wanted ad here. Start out in the Marketplace forums. Lot's of needed parts change hands here. There are a lot of places that sell repop parts for these cars. Mega Parts USA is a place I go first.

Welcome from NY.
That's a great color to wax for sure!

Welcome from Pasadena.....Texas of course!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Nice Coronet. The automatic transmission behind youd slant 6 would be a Torqueflight 904. Although it is shifted by a column mounted lever, it is still a cable operated transmission, same as the previous year's push button piece. These transmissions have a second rear oil pump, so require the filter with 2 outlet holes. A&A Transmissions, near Indy, is a good supplier of Mopar transmission parts.

welcome...... I remember struggling with the left hand lugs long enough to snap a couple off :BangHead:

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Nice Coronet. The automatic transmission behind youd slant 6 would be a Torqueflight 904. Although it is shifted by a column mounted lever, it is still a cable operated transmission, same as the previous year's push button piece. These transmissions have a second rear oil pump, so require the filter with 2 outlet holes. A&A Transmissions, near Indy, is a good supplier of Mopar transmission parts.
Thank you! I'll start reading more I purchased the shop manual but i can't replace the knowledge of a forum....

Love the tail lights on them '65s. Nice looking car.
Greetings and welcome to FBBO from NY!

I changed the studs to RH on my '63 - Ford had those for a time too.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. I too have a 65. It's a 500 2 door hardtop. Looks like yours is the same color mine started out with, Ruby Red Poly. It's currently pork chop[ Porsche] red but am going to put it back to the RRP or something close. I will overlook your past indiscretions being a GM guy as will others I'm sure.:lol:. I don't have much room to talk though since I did own a 61 Catalina for about 6 months. Bought it as an investment and did well with it.

Welcome to the forum! Great looking car you have. The Slant Six is about impossible to kill and are great engines.

That's a good looking car.

You found the right place for info right here.

There's also a site called 62-65mopar but I'm not sure of the actual spelling of the site name.

Auto Transport Service
Back