• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want to try a different hood scoop......

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
On my black dodge. Which style is the fastest? I think mine is acting like a parachute.

This one

Attachments

• aj.jpg
    aj.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 644
I think a cowl induction would look alright, I saw a 70 sport satilite race car with one looked and worked good. If I find the video of it on youtube I will share, some crazy 60ft plus wheelies .

- - - Updated - - -

Could not get it to share, it is on you tube, search big bad Plymouth. It's a red 70 satellite at my home track.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave it the way it is.

Those scoops don't look right on a shoe box of a car.

It would be for these heads up races only Kevin, I know, I don't like them either but I know i'm giving up a lot of mph & ET.

Would a six pak scoop clear? Looks like your carb is almost aginst the top of the scoop?

Your car looks Super Cool with the current scoop, but i would say one of the newer Aero scoops would be more efficient.

I like the aero scoops. But I see a lot of fast cars going to the cowl hood. There's got to be a reason.

I never really got the cowl hood. is it a venturi-type effect?

I would think facing the wind would be more efficient.

I turn my head away when I see a Mopar with a cowl hood, I guess it's a Chevy thing.

Your at the point where function has to rule over form.

The aero scoop you chose suits the car a little better because it has a flat oval opening that is more similar to the grille than others.

If we're actually talking about going faster, not what LOOKS good, take a page from the Mopar engineers: that is, use a scoop that you can seal to the carburetor airhorns. According to the direct connection manual, if the scoop isn't sealed to the carbs, it's not helping, and possibly hurting your ETs, by not having "smooth" air across the airhorns.
I ran a C/Gas Corvette years ago with an all out 331" small block and a tunnel ram with 660 Holleys. Just by sealing the carbs to the scoop I picked up 4 tenths. Nothing to sneeze at...

If we're actually talking about going faster, not what LOOKS good, take a page from the Mopar engineers: that is, use a scoop that you can seal to the carburetor airhorns. According to the direct connection manual, if the scoop isn't sealed to the carbs, it's not helping, and possibly hurting your ETs, by not having "smooth" air across the airhorns.
I ran a C/Gas Corvette years ago with an all out 331" small block and a tunnel ram with 660 Holleys. Just by sealing the carbs to the scoop I picked up 4 tenths. Nothing to sneeze at...

I don't have enough room above to seal the carbs.

- - - Updated - - -

I turn my head away when I see a Mopar with a cowl hood, I guess it's a Chevy thing.

Your at the point where function has to rule over form.

The aero scoop you chose suits the car a little better because it has a flat oval opening that is more similar to the grille than others.

If and when I put this new scoop on, it has to be the fastest one. I have the extra hood to use, now I just need to get the best one for my application.

- - - Updated - - -

YEAH SUPERSTOCKRACER
I'll bet that car is REAL SLOW..... POOR GUY!
LOL

Nice car man!

I'm looking for .15 that's all I need to try some different racing. I might have it this weekend with bigger jets and running VP Q16. Might even bump up the timing to 34.

Auto Transport Service
Back