• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indy 440 sr heads

Ok guy problems solved. I called tti the 400-sr header they make will fit a b block with standard heads in a 64 b body. This headers is 2 1/8 primary! Should have no flow problems with those. I didn't click on them because I figured if they didn't make a 17/8 or 2 that no size bigger would work. I just have to learn to read!

Looking at the TTi website, it appears the 383-400 1-7/8” headers would fit std height ex ports on a low deck block no problem........ if you wanted that option.

Edit— oops!!!!!
Doesn’t fit the early B’s.

Last edited:
But you're talking engine dyno results with open headers correct? The OP has a street car with I assume mufflers and full tailpipes. Plus it is an early B which doesn't have a lot of options for headers. No way would I put Indy heads on a street car just so I could buy bigger headers. The Trick Flow 240 heads with 1 3/4 headers will work just fine. The car will be lethal anyway unless the brakes and suspension have been seriously upgraded........

But you're talking engine dyno results with open headers correct? The OP has a street car with I assume mufflers and full tailpipes. Plus it is an early B which doesn't have a lot of options for headers. No way would I put Indy heads on a street car just so I could buy bigger headers. The Trick Flow 240 heads with 1 3/4 headers will work just fine. The car will be lethal anyway unless the brakes and suspension have been seriously upgraded........
I totally agree, I did a 451 and put in a 1 7/8 heade with TFS 240 and cleaned the ribs out to reduce turbulance and it really had turbulance. got very nice street #'s and the can runs awesome. more than enough hp and TQ 613hp and 625tq and the nice part it's with a custom flat tappet and rpm intake. I read alot of input Andyf has provided and that helped me out. Look at the low RPM #s where it really matters on a street car. Good Luck Likew Andyf says go with TFS and 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 header
Capture.JPG

I have a 440 with sr head ,they are ported and work great for me ..I figured I got my money's worth and they out did my ported 915 cast iron heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back