• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inexpensive Mopar 8 3/4 suregrips all over ebay???

HAHNAGON

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or tried one of these inexpensive 8 3/4 suregrip assemblies all over ebay and other places. There are tons of sellers selling them on eBay. Sellers are located in the United states byt who knows where they're coming from?

Screenshot_20240921_202944_eBay.jpg

1727031904460.png

That is too cheap for me to get excited.....smells like rotten fish to me.

Uh, they're coming from China.
It all depends on if you're willing to gamble on metallurgy, machining, and assembly.
For a buck seventy, I MIGHT gamble on one for my 3.55 open 741/A body 8 3/4.

The old saying is if it's too good to be true it isn't.
Even if it is legit it probably will be made of **** metal and blow up so you lose all the other parts in the differential.

For a car I was gonna race: no. My car with 3.91s has a Detroit locker.
For a rear for a street car, or one I was gonna sell: maybe.
For my own street car: I'd probably get one from Dr Diff, that he's gone thru and made right.

For a car I was gonna race: no. My car with 3.91s has a Detroit locker.
For a rear for a street car, or one I was gonna sell: maybe.
For my own street car: I'd probably get one from Dr Diff, that he's gone thru and made right.
I totally agree. I found it interesting. I haven't found any negative feedback from them either. Might be worth a try on a street car I'm going to sell.

I noticed a few weeks back when I was looking for new headlamps for my 2007 Ram 1500, there were a LOT of vendors on ebay selling essentially the same product for similar prices. I'm guessing but I suspect these vendors never actually stock or lay their eyes on what they are selling....they just have the parts drop-shipped from somewhere else and take a small percentage of the sale price.

I noticed a few weeks back when I was looking for new headlamps for my 2007 Ram 1500, there were a LOT of vendors on ebay selling essentially the same product for similar prices. I'm guessing but I suspect these vendors never actually stock or lay their eyes on what they are selling....they just have the parts drop-shipped from somewhere else and take a small percentage of the sale price.
Yes. That's probably exactly how most sellers on ebay do it.

I have one, I bought it at Harbor Freight. I only needed to get through one race with it, so I bought at HB.

Not really, but it is the same thing. If it were not something that spins at astounding speeds and could possibly seize sending me into opposing traffic, it would be one thing. I would be saving money somewhere else.

I don't think I'd touch one with a 10 foot pole, but I have also already hoarded all the SG's I will ever need.

And they are ALL JUNK unless you want to buy one just to say you have a sure grip. They will not hold up if you make any power. You need to look for the old school posi units they used install from the factory. Installing one of these cheap inexpensive china units for yourself is a waste of time & money. If you are selling a car, like a flipper , and you want to be a shister then buy one and list your car with a posi. Good luck, Karma will get you.

I didn't know about those. I'm sure someone will get one and let us know how it works out ?

U can do the same as Dr Diff and take it apart and check everything. If he takes it apart to check it over all he can do is check clearances and make sure the clutches are in the right order. I’m sure he doesn’t change any parts as where would he get them from? Maybe these aren’t even the ones he sells. Kim

Yes. That's probably exactly how most sellers on ebay do it.
After the shipping costs and ebay's 13.5% fee there'd be nothing left over if you didn't drop ship, what a pos that must be.

Auto Transport Service
Back