• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing new motor mount 69 B body

bob32268

Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Are there any YOUTUBE type videos out there on how to change out motor mounts on 69 Dodge Charger? All the ones that I see are for newer model cars.
Tks,
Bob32268

This is a simple operation only complicated by tight access. A video is not really necessary and perhaps why you can't find one.

There are three bolts for each mount that attach it to the engine block. There is one long bolt that attaches the mount to the K frame. You will need to lift the engine up by either a cherry picker from above, or a jack and blocks of wood on the oil pan from below (be sure to spread the load out). Take out the lower long bolts first, then lift the engine just enough to swap the mounts, and remove the three smaller bolts. Long socket extensions and extra hands help. Reverse to complete.

Have fun.

This is a simple operation only complicated by tight access. A video is not really necessary and perhaps why you can't find one.

There are three bolts for each mount that attach it to the engine block. There is one long bolt that attaches the mount to the K frame. You will need to lift the engine up by either a cherry picker from above, or a jack and blocks of wood on the oil pan from below (be sure to spread the load out). Take out the lower long bolts first, then lift the engine just enough to swap the mounts, and remove the three smaller bolts. Long socket extensions and extra hands help. Reverse to complete.

Have fun.
Thank you #41, for the easy to understand directions. Do these mounts go "bad" often? I saw one video on Youtube when the person said they never last him 3 to 4 months. Are they actually this "Failure Prone" ??.

Do not buy Anchor brand they are crap.
Last pair I bought came from Napa.
4 yrs still good.

There's a thread somewhere here that recommends 440 Source for motor mounts.

Thank you #41, for the easy to understand directions. Do these mounts go "bad" often? I saw one video on Youtube when the person said they never last him 3 to 4 months. Are they actually this "Failure Prone" ??.
And it also depends on how much power you have. I broke a new driver's side mount in about a month with a mild 383 with a car that had good traction. This was back in late 1970. These days I run a 'solid' mount on the driver's side and standard mounts on the passenger side and trans mount. The factory mount in my 95 Dakota broke with around 50k miles and I just bolted a chain on the driver's side....that was somewhere around 2003.

You can also install one of these that are motor mount savers. Well-made and easy to install.

Torque Straps

1726333053095.png

Aircraft turnbuckle and an eye bolt through the frame.
I bought several race cars for pennies on the dollar from several Chevy guys that thought they knew how to make a Mopar run hard and some of them had nice parts on them. Thing is, the Chevy guys didn't know how to make a Mopar run hard lol and I reaped benefits from them. It was nuts! Some of the rewards were their ways to make a stock motor mount work when they had no idea but some did. It didn't mater if they did figure out the mounts, they didn't figure out anything else!

Auto Transport Service
Back