• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake and Carb question for 69 charger 440 R/T

I'm seeing a lot of these K & N filtered top filters these days. Do they have slightly better performance compared to a typical closed top?
I used it because of the short element combined with a drop base looked like flow would be way less than a standard combo. Figured a guy should get as much air flow as possible into the carb.

I used it because of the short element combined with a drop base looked like flow would be way less than a standard combo. Figured a guy should get as much air flow as possible into the carb.
Thanks. With a car having as nice a hood as the second-gen Chargers do, and scooping it would be sacrilege, and height with big blocks making it a challenge to get a big air filter installed, you're right. Anything to increase air flow into the carb is a good thing. I just wonder, with that filtered top pushed up high to almost touching the underside of the hood, if it's even able to get much air flow? I'm considering installing a 1" carb spacer but that might not leave enough room for a filtered top to function properly.

Thanks for the info, sounds like many have been saying the Street Dominator and the CH4B (which has also been mentioned). I’ll look into the Thunder AVS 800 or the 750 Holley mentioned. There is a Carter C1 4967 S on it now with a Performance RPM. I can’t seem to find anything about a 4967 to even know what I have. It was on the motor when I bought it.
The Carter AVS carb 4967S is 750 cfm which is original for a Charger R/T you would need to try the CH4B to see if the hood closes otherwise the M1 dual plane is the only one that will fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back