• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is ‘69 roadrunner headlamp control switch question

Bleep Bleep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
If there’s a better forum for this please advise.

My dash lights are not working at all. The dash panel dimmer control does not actuate any dash lights until it is turned to light up the dome bulb, which is working.

How should I test if a switch is at fault or simply the dash light(s) themselves?

Are there separate switch controls for headlamps and dash panel lights?

What is the best procedure for installing new switch(es)?

Thanks!

Pull the switch and dimmer and bench check with ohmmeter first.
reference the wiring diagram FSM

Pull the switch and dimmer and bench check with ohmmeter first.
reference the wiring diagram FSM
Thanks. Access from underneath looks pretty tight. Are there any parts I should remove to get better access to the switches?

When I took mine all apart, I had the front bucket seat out and steering column.

Take the whole unit out. I believe the plugs only go to each unit

Just remove the trim and the 4 steering column mount nuts and the column will drop down

1727754672760.png

Take the whole unit out. I believe the plugs only go to each unit

Just remove the trim and the 4 steering column mount nuts and the column will drop down

View attachment 1735096
This helps a lot. Thank you.

Btw how can I tell which is the hot side of a fuse and which is cold? Is it simply top vs bottom of the block itself?

I was replacing my dash harness and had all wiring out. That switch panel was fun to get out of it's location, be careful, it's probably been there for 55 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back