• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it me??

PeteyDaMan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
WARNING! Rant on here!

ok, Maybe I'm just an old fart with unrealistic expectations, but here it goes....

On Tuesday I order over $500 worth of parts. The Vendor says they have them in stock so I send the $$ via PayPal (not friends and family).
The Vendor has a good reputation this board so I think "no problem, here's my $$"

I get half the order drop shipped the next day. Thank you very much.
But no mention that the order would be in 2 pieces or any indication as to when to expect the rest.
I wait a few days for the rest of the order or any explanation as to what is the status of the remainder....nothing.

I email the Vendor today in the AM. I tried calling but his voicemail says he doesn't answer the phone so the best method of contacting him is either via text or email.

Here we are at the end of the day...no answer.

what to do...what to do.

Do I blow up the Vendor?

Do I just sit and wait like a sap?

I must be a dinosaur. How dare I think if I give you my $$ you send that parts, or at a bare minimum, you communicate what I should expect.

This goes a bit deeper but I'll just leave this here.

Was the packaged label 1 of 2 or 2 of 2 and the courier didn't leave both....

Did you order from Dr Diff and brake lines get drop shipped direct from Right Stuff and the rest Cas ships himself...

not going to mention the Vendor......yet.
But the first delivery did not mention 1 of 2 nor did the the packing list.
Drop ship was from Rock Auto

Sometimes stuff happens. The vendor should have told you when stuff was shipped and when to expect it. That said one day isn't a lot of time especially considering there are MILLIONS of people with-out power and flooded right now so depending on what or where that could explain it...

More than one day (3 going on 4 to be exact) and he's not located anywhere near the area affected by the hurricane. Not even close.

could be but it takes 2 minutes to communicate via email
True, (and not trying to be a dick here) but you aren't his only customer. Are there any Mopar shows going on? He might at or preparing for one. If he is a respected vendor here, give him a little more rope yet...

True, (and not trying to be a dick here) but you aren't his only customer. Are there any Mopar shows going on? He might at or preparing for one. If he is a respected vendor here, give him a little more rope yet...
This goes the the question "am I just an old fart with unrealistic expectations"

I'm of the thought you let your customers know what to expect.
If you have shows to attend then let me know when I order that it may take an extended period of time.

I didn't get that. I got an email with tracking stating it was shipped, but it was only half the order (technically less than half).

No email stating half would be drop shipped from Rock Auto and the rest from another source at a later time.

I must be a dinosaur

bury me in the tar pits and call be Bronty

Could it be that he is a one (or two) man band?
Sorry Mario, I am with the OP here.
I absolutely HATE the lack of customer service that the internet has allowed. I hate the lack of clear instructions too.
I don't need a vendor to hold my hand but the trend to make all transactions nameless, faceless and without any human interaction just sucks.
Many times, we are buying something that we are not familiar with, maybe even from someone that we haven't dealt with before so a few moments of discussion with the vendor helps out a lot.
If they are so busy they can't talk to me, they need to hire some help. If they are busy making money, they can afford to spend some or find their business start to fade away from pissed off buyers going elsewhere.

This goes the the question "am I just an old fart with unrealistic expectations"

If you have shows to attend then let me know when I order that it may take an extended period of time.

I didn't get that. I got an email with tracking stating it was shipped, but it was only half the order (technically less than half).

No email stating half would be drop shipped from Rock Auto and the rest from another source at a later time.

I must be a dinosaur

I too expect communication... I'll wait as long as I know what's going on... Take my $$$ & treat me like a mushroom & I get concerned.... It seems lots of folks these days don't place as much value in keeping the customer in the loop...

More than one day (3 going on 4 to be exact) and he's not located anywhere near the area affected by the hurricane. Not even close.
Ok I must have mis-read what you wrote..... Anyway the parts could be near those areas since it sounds like stuff was just dropped shipped. Rock Auto you can do that yourself. Anyway I would give someone more than a day and I also said already he should have let you know about the shipment before hand.

I email the Vendor today in the AM. I tried calling but his voicemail says he doesn't answer the phone so the best method of contacting him is either via text or email.

Exactly Brett, I haven't taken a phone call in 25 years. I do email late at night after a LONG day of work... otherwise nothing would get done during the day.

Ok I must have mis-read what you wrote..... Anyway the parts could be near those areas since it sounds like stuff was just dropped shipped. Rock Auto you can do that yourself. Anyway I would give someone more than a day and I also said already he should have let you know about the shipment before hand.

But before that he posted

"On Tuesday I order over $500 worth of parts. The Vendor says they have them in stock so I send the $$ via PayPal"

Plus In Stock vs ordered through Rock Auto... If I wanted a part from Rock Auto I would have placed my order with Rock Auto...

So four days, not that long, might be expecting to much but still communication would ease the customers concerns.... One reason I have always made a point of letting my customers know what the status of our projects are...

Exactly Brett, I haven't taken a phone call in 25 years. I do email late at night after a LONG day of work... otherwise nothing would get done during the day.
Same here I run equipment all day. I probably have 40 plus messages currently on my phone. If I stopped and started I would get nothing done. I check and see who called end of day and just call them. I don't even waste my time listening to the message cause I am going to hear the same thing on the call...

I must be a dinosaur

I get it 100%. I own a business myself and communication is always key. I do have employees that work at my direction, so obviously that makes it much more efficient; but I also look at the other side of it. I would be overwhelmed if I had to do it all myself so I always cut small companies a little slack.

And for the record, Im a dinosaur (in mind/attitude only) as well.

WARNING! Rant on here!

ok, Maybe I'm just an old fart with unrealistic expectations, but here it goes....

On Tuesday I order over $500 worth of parts. The Vendor says they have them in stock so I send the $$ via PayPal (not friends and family).
The Vendor has a good reputation this board so I think "no problem, here's my $$"

I get half the order drop shipped the next day. Thank you very much.
But no mention that the order would be in 2 pieces or any indication as to when to expect the rest.
I wait a few days for the rest of the order or any explanation as to what is the status of the remainder....nothing.

what to do...what to do.

Do I blow up the Vendor?

Do I just sit and wait like a sap?

I must be a dinosaur. How dare I think if I give you my $$ you send that parts, or at a bare minimum, you communicate what I should expect.

This goes a bit deeper but I'll just leave this here.
Was the packaged label 1 of 2 or 2 of 2 and the courier didn't leave both....

Did you order from Dr Diff and brake lines get drop shipped direct from Right Stuff and the rest Cas ships himself...

Was thinking the same thing lol
It does take Cass (iirc, that's his name and if that's who you are dealing with) some time to respond so be patience because he has 'always' responded to me over the years but sometimes it takes him awhile. He's not a huge outfit and sometimes he gets busy and works on getting out the orders instead of being on the computer or phone. Mancini is somewhat the same way or was some years back.

they need to hire some help
Ha! Not in this employment environment!! LOL Might as well do it yourself.

I do get what you're sayin, though Greg. The internet (and by extension instant gratification) and shitty employees have been the downfall of customer service.

Auto Transport Service
Back