• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it me??

But before that he posted

"On Tuesday I order over $500 worth of parts. The Vendor says they have them in stock so I send the $$ via PayPal"

Plus In Stock vs ordered through Rock Auto... If I wanted a part from Rock Auto I would have placed my order with Rock Auto...

So four days, not that long, might be expecting to much but still communication would ease the customers concerns.... One reason I have always made a point of letting my customers know what the status of our projects are...
I said there should have been better communication multiple times... Sadly these days "having them in stock" probably means he checked his supplier and the parts were there. Some parts could have been sold as the order was processed as drop shippers are buying from people who are selling EVERYWHERE and to EVERYONE 24hrs a day. It has only been 8 hours since the purchaser reached out to the vendor which is not that really that long. Also it's Friday so maybe he may have had a 4 day work week and took off today who knows.... That sucks though if expecting to install these parts this weekend!

Last edited:
Mancini doesn't advise anything.... or at least never have for me. Don't acknowledge your order...if it's shipped, how it's shipped.
Never had a problem with Mancini and have spoke with....I think the guy that worked for him was named Jeff? many times. It's been several years ago though since I'm not building engines etc anymore.

Nobody is a dinosaur here, we are just old-school and like to be polite and want communication.
I have sent money to a few guys on this forum and never had a problem. Everyone was polite
and considerate. Good luck with the transaction and we'll be watching!

communication is everything, Ive been waiting on a emblem for the charger for 2 months. They told me and Im go. I hate when people send in two boxs and dont tell me. Wait a couple more days and if no reply let the vendors name loose on the site. To me its BS if they dont reply back. Im old and dont care about your reputation if you cant communicate with me. Plain and simple. JMO

For all I know the vendor thought Rock Auto shipped everything and is unaware that the order is incomplete.
Or, he knows there is a second shipment that is yet to be made.

Just let me know, that's all I ask

I don't expect same day service, I'm fine with letting me know it's a 6 week lead time.

Just set expectations up front.

I do it in my profession. It actually makes my job a whole lot easier by doing so by not having 100 people up my pooper wondering when I'm getting around to their issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back