• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it suppost to be chrome or painted body color - 1970 Super Bee

sixpakrob

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
I have seen some super bees with the chrome filer between the bumpers and painted. I always thought painted on the super bee. But I was looking at a 70 original hemi car with like 13000 miles with chrome. If chrome would it be on the broadcast sheet? Just wondering. Robert

My has a chrome piece with a painted piece over it. That made me think that some were chrome and others had the painted piece added. Other wise why would they not just paint the first piece? Seem like a waste to chrome them all just to cover them all up with a painted piece. Although maybe it was all part of the assembly line process. (mine is a Coronet 440).

I dunno, I have 2 front bumpers, one painted that came off the car and one I purchased from an alleged Super Bee that is chrome. Not sure if it was an "option" the chrome that is.

Would be nice to find out though.

Not an option,all bumpers were chrome with the Bee getting a body color keyed cover,no exceptions.

Not an option,all bumpers were chrome with the Bee getting a body color keyed cover,no exceptions.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused, only the Bee had the body color? Then why does my coronet 440 have body color??? Mine is an original car, never altered (until I got my hands on her....) Please clarify! thanks

Normally a superbee had chrome piece with a painted piece over it. Was my understanding but seeing 100,000, or 50.000 bees with the chrome made me think someone did not know what they were doing or there was something missing in my understandings.

Auto Transport Service
Back