• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeff Lynne and Electric Light Orchestra are awesome...

There is a special on showtime2 called Jeff Lynne’s ELO: Wembley or bust. It’s a good one! Here’s some of it off the YouTube

Jeff Lynne is a great musician.
Whether with ELO or The Traveling Wilburys. Or as a producer. Tom Pettys Full Moon Fever alblum was produced by Lynne so were a couple of George Harrison's. And several others by notable artists

Jeff Lynne and E.L.O., one of my favorite musicians/bands !! I saw E.L.O. in concert at Madison square garden back in the late 70's, with that spaceship/flying saucer, what a great show !!!

How can they not be with B3 Petty Blue Violins and they sound as good or even better live. They can actually sing and play without digital manipulation

i read a story about this tribute to George Harrison. He and Prince were inducted same time. And they asked Prince about performing. They already had pettys guitarist lined up to play first solo. Prince said I'll just stay in background playing rhythm, the producers said when we turn light on over you its your turn for ending solo. Prince apparently said i put something together. Pinch harmonics is what he is playing when he moves down the fret board.

i read a story about this tribute to George Harrison. He and Prince were inducted same time. And they asked Prince about performing. They already had pettys guitarist lined up to play first solo. Prince said I'll just stay in background playing rhythm, the producers said when we turn light on over you its your turn for ending solo. Prince apparently said i put something together. Pinch harmonics is what he is playing when he moves down the fret board.
Yep like him or not Prince was a helluva musician and guitarist...before I got into the electrical trade I was a stagehand, and had a spotight call for one of his shows. Watching that guy jam during soundcheck was pretty wild...I'm a player from the progressive rock & metal school and I can confidently say he could have held his own with some of the best of those guys.

..Of all ELO's good stuff for some reason I always dug this one

girl on violin mmmm mmmmm good

Rosie Langley!!!
:thumbsup:

7cb0f0ecc1232a4125db786f65e8a65b.jpg

Last edited:
Might give her my R/T for night of passion... Hell who am i kidding she would fall in love with me, want kids quit playing violin and i would be broke all over again. not fair to you Rosie hope you're able to get over me.lol

Once again, I agree with all who posted on this thread. ELO and Jeff Lynne are still great even after all these years. Prince was right up there with the best, in my opinion. :thumbsup:
Bob :moparsmiley:

Might give her my R/T for night of passion... Hell who am i kidding she would fall in love with me, want kids quit playing violin and i would be broke all over again. not fair to you Rosie hope you're able to get over me.lol
I liked the violin player at the Hyde Park concert, she had nice legs and such! :bananahit:

Auto Transport Service
Back