• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Koni shock install

andyf

Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Summit has Koni shocks for Mopars now but they don't quite fit. The rear shocks are a little too short and the lower bushing is too small. I ended up making my own shock mounts to get them to fit. I had to use 5/8 studs and move the stud out and up a bit to make it work. I can make more shock plates like this if other people want to run Koni shocks on their B body.
DSC_1142 (Large).JPG
DSC_1174 (Large).JPG

The Koni shocks worked fine up front. It was only the rears that didn't fit. Koni knows the rears don't fit since they say in the description "5/8 stud size".
DSC_1146 (Large).JPG

Summit has Koni shocks for Mopars now but they don't quite fit. The rear shocks are a little too short and the lower bushing is too small. I ended up making my own shock mounts to get them to fit. I had to use 5/8 studs and move the stud out and up a bit to make it work. I can make more shock plates like this if other people want to run Koni shocks on their B body.View attachment 542737 View attachment 542738
I am wondering if the shocks would bottom out before the axle hit the bump stops. I've always thought that the stroke of the shock has to match the suspension travel and it appears as though you don't have a lot of compression distance left for upward travel of the axle.

I am wondering if the shocks would bottom out before the axle hit the bump stops. I've always thought that the stroke of the shock has to match the suspension travel and it appears as though you don't have a lot of compression distance left for upward travel of the axle.
For a street car I set the shock so at ride height it is near the middle of the travel. There shouldn't be a problem during normal driving with these shocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back