• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last 2 weekends out

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Well not as much sucess as earlier this year. Milan Dragwy has a once a month Stock S/S series. The June 16th race was going good. We qualify on R/T. My son was #[email protected], My buddy Dave #[email protected], and I was #3 @.006. We are all N/SS foot brake w/no rpm chip vs NHRA S/S and stockers. All was good until I thought I saw my opponents red light in rd #3.
Must have been a reflection off the sun on the tree. That ruined my concentration and went red, which he wasn't. By the way it was Jimmy Ronzello Route 66 2024 national event champ. Damn a win was a bye into the finals. Worse yet it's fathers Day and my son is on the opposite side of the ladder, He gave up the stripe in Rd #3 when the car was on a dead .002 run. Oh well we went from racers to spectators and had a beer. Yesterday's race things were going well again. I has lowered the wheelie bars to try and calm down the 60 ft on the rear tires. It worked great. Qualified #7 with a .015. 1sr rd I get Jimmy again. We are both gunnin for each other. Get to the finish line and tighten the stripe to .003. A little too close but It felt good. Little did I realize we had both red lighted as the lights were having issues. Rd #2 easy .03 stripe on the brake. Rd #3 I get last years Buckeye S/S and GLSSA S/S champ Darrel Cairavino. Get to the end svrub a touch and take a .01 stripe. No good as his .012 is way better than my .049. So next race is US 131 NMCA along with the NMCA vs GLSSA 16 car shootout. Car is awesome, check out the 60fts. Now to improve my stuck with too many .040 lights.
Doug

milan JRP.png

Auto Transport Service
Back