• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf Spring Help for 69 Charger

Tyron68

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
I have a 68 Charger with Hotchkis 1” drop leaf springs. I love everything about these, except the cost (pics below). I’m looking for a good alternative for a 69 project car. I’ve seen a lot of positive feedback on the ESPO leaf springs. I am wanting the height to be similar to what I have now. Does anyone have pics of a charger with the 1” drop, stock or +1 ESPO leafs? Additional info; The fender is about 25” from ground. Wheels are 15x10’s with 295/50/15’s.

IMG_4854.jpeg

IMG_4857.jpeg

IMG_4855.jpeg

Last edited:
Call ESPO on leaf springs. Laura is who I spoke to, she’s very knowledgeable and helpful.

Laura Snyder
ESPO Springs n Things

800-903-9019 / 570-672-9413
(M-Th 9:00 AM-5:00 PM and Fri 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern)

Call ESPO on leaf springs. Laura is who I spoke to, she’s very knowledgeable and helpful.

Laura Snyder
ESPO Springs n Things

800-903-9019 / 570-672-9413
(M-Th 9:00 AM-5:00 PM and Fri 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern)
I actually did talk to her today. Very knowledgeable and super helpful. I’m still not certain what would be close to my current set up though. That’s why I was hoping to get some more pics. She did tell me that the majority of her sales seem to be stock or +1. She doesn’t sell a whole lot of the 1” drop because, as she noted, these cars sit somewhat low stock from the factory at the rear.

Not the greatest pic but these are +1 Eaton brand springs (I think) with 245 60 15 rear and 215 70 14 on the front. Thats why its raked in picture. Plus the driveway is angled down more than it seems. These arent the tires that I run just put them on to drive around the block. I picked the +1 so I could use a 255 or 275 tire plus I thought it might sag over time bit it doesnt seem like it has much if any and I put the springs on 10 years ago.

20200916_125732_HDR.jpg

I have a 68 Charger with Hotchkis 1” drop leaf springs. I love everything about these, except the cost (pics below). I’m looking for a good alternative for a 69 project car. I’ve seen a lot of positive feedback on the ESPO leaf springs. I am wanting the height to be similar to what I have now. Does anyone have pics of a charger with the 1” drop, stock or +1 ESPO leafs? Additional info; The fender is about 25” from ground. Wheels are 15x10’s with 295/50/15’s.

View attachment 1699093

View attachment 1699094

View attachment 1699096
I found my ESPO +1's to be a tiny bit lower than i would like (i did end up with oversize tires though so that might be it... but i will say.. the price was right and dealing with ESPO was a dream....

If you like the Hotchkis setup why not do it again?

So ro
Not the greatest pic but these are +1 Eaton brand springs (I think) with 245 60 15 rear and 215 70 14 on the front. Thats why its raked in picture. Plus the driveway is angled down more than it seems. These arent the tires that I run just put them on to drive around the block. I picked the +1 so I could use a 255 or 275 tire plus I thought it might sag over time bit it doesnt seem like it has much if any and I put the springs on 10 years ago.

So

View attachment 1699269
So would you say roughly 1” gap from tire to fender? Any pics with 275’s on?

S
Soley cost. I love everything about the hotchkis suspension. It drives great, but I think I went a little overboard as I put the Hotchkis TVS kit on it. The cost has gone up substantially since I installed it (4 years ago). Trying to be more practical this time around given how I’m gonna be using the car.

Last edited:
More like 2 inchs of space between the top of the 245s and the wheel lip. No gas or spare or jack in trunk. No pics of 275s but I think it would look good.

I wound up just sucking it up and buying the Hotchkis leafs again. Too paranoid about doing something different and not liking the results and I know what I’m getting out of these.

Auto Transport Service
Back