• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lightweight wall cabinets for an enclosed trailer

theman440

Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi Gang,
I recently bought an enclosed trailer for hauling my race car and want to put some cabinets in it. Anybody have suggestions ?

What I did was build a framework out of 1X1 square tubing for my front bench. The top section I used 1/2” square tubing. I used polished aluminum checker plate for the doors. Afterwards I added a generator compartment on the left front and modified the front bench. Afterwards I added a spare tire box into the floor. I also added a door on the left side. All, were great upgrades.
Most recently I added a master kill switch into the trailer by the entrance door so that I can shut off all 12 Volt power in the trailer when entering or leaving the trailer. Now there’s sure a lot nicer cabinets out there in new trailers these days, but this is what I did with mine. Some pics to fish through.

IMG_7330.jpeg
IMG_2266.png
IMG_7313.jpeg
IMG_7312.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg
IMG_9260.jpeg
IMG_9234.jpeg
IMG_3655.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back