• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Island New York Residents

I would like to hear like to hear about it.
Sounds like street racing was huge back in the day in that area.
Late 60's & 70's in the NYC area, there were places all over where weekend late-night action was the norm. From just fun runs, to heavy money runs, it was a time we had a blast. Drag strips were too far away, so certain areas had ideal spots for 1/4 mile + shutdown lengths to engage in matches. From street machines to ladder-bar Vegas, Pintos, and Dusters... a flavor for everyone's tastes.

I was talking to my cousin tonight that gave me the car.
He said the guy he got it from bought it in the 1980's and never did anything with the car.
That guy told him it was a dealership's drag car.
He didn't tell him the name of the dealership.
He kind of thinks 1972 was the last time the car was ever driven and it has sat ever since then.
That is all he knows.
He is going to call a racer friend in the long Island area and see if his dad remembers the car.

Late 60's & 70's in the NYC area, there were places all over where weekend late-night action was the norm. From just fun runs, to heavy money runs, it was a time we had a blast. Drag strips were too far away, so certain areas had ideal spots for 1/4 mile + shutdown lengths to engage in matches. From street machines to ladder-bar Vegas, Pintos, and Dusters... a flavor for everyone's tastes.
Must have been a amazing time to be alive.

Auto Transport Service
Back