• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what my husband surprised me with.....

macksgrl426

Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
:hello2: my favorite Mopar!!!! I came home from work.. and there she was in the driveway!!!!! best surprise ever!!!! he already stripped the old carpet and replaced it with new... and looks amazing!

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 640
Cool for you.

Someday I'll surprise my wife with the 65 red 4 speed Barracuda she always wanted!

....more pics please...and more backstory.

hi and welcome to the site nice he did you right very nice ride congrats :headbang:

Nice....Bet there is a guy with a big smile on his face tonight!

Sonny:icon_sunny:

Welcome to the site. Nice looking car. You don't see many that color - at least in my neck of the woods. We will need more pictures though.

Congratulations, that's a sharp looking car.
So what's the occasion for the surprise?

Wow ! beautiful car ! don't be shy about showing off your prize possession.

Wow! Guys like that make us look bad. Guess I will have to step up my game.

macksgrl426, very cool Satty gift... welcome to FBBO

Hello Macksgrl426, welcome to the forum. Your new surprise looks great, right down to the wheel covers! Thanks for sharing, and drop in here often. :)

-=Photon440=-

Congratulations and please post some more photo's, and I concur with YY1 .. backstory please. Meaning anything you can tell us about why this car and what your Mopar background is.

Welcome aboard!

my kind of surprise...........very cool

thanks fellas.. I am still on cloud 9.... took her out today for a little test drive..

ok.. some background... my husband has been into cars his whole life... I only came onto them 12 yrs ago when we met.. and after a few yrs of cruisin in his cars (70 RR, & 68 Coronet) I began to fall in love with the 71 / 72 RR/Satellite/GTX's so... I told him that one day I will have one... so we had a wedding, 2 kids later.. and lots of cars that have come and gone since... I'd say we have been actively looking the last 3 yrs... but either way too much then we wanted to spend.. or in bad shape... then one day last week.. this one appears in my driveway... ha..

so his story is.... he was on craigslist looking something un related up.. then saw an ad for sale that just say 72 satellite, doesnt run, been sitting since 87... he called the guy, went to see it, asked the guy what he wanted, he countered, guy accepted and the next day he went and picked up. local car... and that night my husband was tinkering with it.. AND BAM she was running!!!!! he had to replace the timing chain, cover, belts, a few hoses, and brakelines, needs new tires.. and I wanted to replace the wheels with magnum 500s... just been looking online for what size tires I should get.. thinking 26" front, 27" rear...

so we got it from the original owner.. Joe already replaced the carpet with new.. and in doing so found 4 build sheets.. crazy right... so cool... back seat looks like it was never sat on.. car has been garaged kept since 87.. and it so shows.. this car is solid! heater and defrost work.. A/C may just need to be charged... and front seats have wear but I will redo them.. all and all fellas.. this car ROCKS!

will post more pics soon... its been raining here..

Congratulations, what a cool story. What motor and is it a auto.

lookin for more pics

- - - Updated - - -

318 auto...just perfect for me....

Attachments

• sat2.jpg
    sat2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 424
  • satint.jpg
    satint.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 436
Auto Transport Service
Back