• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at Yokohama and a few other brands for pickups....

I've run Mickys for years and like them but they are $$$$$. Funny thing is, all of the ones I have were given to me when my BIL bought new tires when the Mickys he bought new got to about 60% gone lol. About 5 years ago he bought a set of 5 for his Jeep and right after that he got a windfall from the VA for being declared 100% disabled and got retroactive money since he should have been declared 100% a lot of years ago. Anyways, he took some of that money and bought a new Jeep and gave me the old Jeep with the 5 new tires!
Yes, Michelins are quite cost prohibited - problem is, there's several of what I'd call "good" category tires,
still more "fair" ones and a bazillion "el cheapo" brands out there - and then there's Michelins, alone at
"excellent".
For whatever reason(s), there are no "very good" brands out there....

Michelin is the only brand left that has both excellent handling characteristics + lasts twice as long as
anything else; then, if you divide both those categories in half, you'll start to find some of the "good" tires.
There's nothing in between...so if you'd prefer to not fool around with tires for long periods of time, they're
the only game in town.
Are they overpriced?
Yep - but you can buy a set, get them rotated when required and otherwise forget them.

Auto Transport Service
Back