• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for a 2 barrel Carter carburetor 0-2425 in good shape. It’s for a 318 CI engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshPlymouth

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
Carter 2 Barrel carburetor for a 318 CI engine.

Part number 0-2425.

Looking for running condition or close to running condition.

No, I just want to get the car running again. I figure it would be easier to replace it with the same carburetor.

There are plenty of new versions of that carb on amazon, ebay, etc. for less than $100. Used a few of those with good results.

Please clarify year of car, and whether a carter or stromberg. 2425 Im sure is a casting number

Please clarify year of car, and whether a carter or stromberg. 2425 Im sure is a casting number

The text "0-2425" is one of the casting numbers found on many Carter BBD (275 CFM) carburetors, such as the Carter 4895 found on the 1970 Barracuda 318-2 cars.

Several models of Carter BBD used the same base assembly and bear the similar casting #s., 0-2003, 0-1676, etc.

But the model number, such as "4895S", may only be found on the little stamped tag, if it's still present.

There are a bunch of Carter BBD for sale on places like epay.

If we knew what year and model the car is, holding the 318-2 engine, we may be able to help you find the precise factory carburetor model number.

I drove a 1970 Barracuda 318 convertible with this carburetor, and it ran great. I had to rebuild it 2-3 times (my first carburetor rebuild) but once I got all the settings set correctly by the FSM, and ran beautifully.

Last edited:
if you buy a new one from ebay make sure its what you want. I bought one and it had to many vac lines. Just because it says it will work for you car does not mean its the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back