• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for my original 727

RT68440

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
I thought I’d see if anyone has come across the original transmission for my ‘68 Charger. It’s a 727 big block trans with the VIN 8B349503. Thanks!

Was the car ever in Western NY ? I had one, that my son decided to scrap, when he was low on cash, years ago. I thought I had the VIN somewhere, but I still have the 440 it was hooked to, No VIN on that.

Was the car ever in Western NY ? I had one, that my son decided to scrap, when he was low on cash, years ago. I thought I had the VIN somewhere, but I still have the 440 it was hooked to, No VIN on that.

No it's been in northeast Ohio it's entire life. I'm sure it was probably used as a core for a rebuild or maybe even blown up back in the day...

Are you interested in selling your 68 440? I’m looking for a 68 440 HP for my 68 Charger R/T.

Auto Transport Service
Back