• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for whereabouts of my dads old Roadrunner

yellowcar

Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
My dad sold his Roadrunner around 2015 to cover divorce bills. I was a wee lad and I knew nothing about cars (still don’t know much about muscle cars). I remember being in the car once. But most of my life it sat around.

This is what I have/know:
- 1970 model year
- yellow with black vinyl top
- air grabber hood
- manual pistol grip (unknown if 3 or 4 spd)
- did the meep meep

I attached the only pictures I have of the car.
From my recollection, it was sold on eBay around 2015 and went out of state, possibly Illinois?

scan0003.jpeg

scan0001.jpeg

scan0002.jpeg

Welcome to FBBO from NY.
Cars are often a strong connection between a fella and his dad, in my opinion.
I sincerely hope you reconnect with your dad's Roadrunner.
Looks like it was a very well kept, solid car.

What city and state did the car sell from?

The more information you supply it would help you. Someone might say to a friend, do you remember seeing that car in xxxx town. Or didn’t Pete buy a car like that years ago?

Pete probably DID buy a car like that years ago! :lol:

He gave good info and photos. Much better than 99% of these.

It has a 6bbl on top
It has a bench seat
Under hood was painted and overspray all over everything so it could be a change from the factory color. Which will make it hard to find now.

Good news. Dug around some more at my dads and found the vin and a lot of paperwork from PO. car was a factory 383 4bbl but PO put on the intake mani and 6bbl kit. Tons of work. Car is original FY1 lemon twist 383 4 speed. PO added air grabber hood kit as well (hence respray).

RM23N0G196132

He gave good info and photos. Much better than 99% of these.

It has a 6bbl on top
It has a bench seat
Under hood was painted and overspray all over everything so it could be a change from the factory color. Which will make it hard to find now.
It also has E-body wheels....or at least the centre caps are not B-Body of 1970.

It also has E-body wheels....or at least the centre caps are not B-Body of 1970.
...and a wing on the trunk lid must reduce the numbers down a bit with that colour and 6-BBL with Air Grabber.

Someone must have seen the car in the last 8 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back