• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad day for the Roadrunner…

Yes. They gave me 75% of what I had it insured for so I got to keep the title to the car which I was really happy about. I took out the engine and what was left of the interior, dash, air box, etc.. I sanded down the engine bay to bare metal and hit it with some primer. Next will be wire wheeling what I can of the roof and inner structure and painting it and putting in some dynamat. I got a good start and it’s going better than I thought.

View attachment 1681359

View attachment 1681360

View attachment 1681361

View attachment 1681362

View attachment 1681363

View attachment 1681364

View attachment 1681365

View attachment 1681366

Ugh, what a mess.

Update on the car.
Yeah sorry I haven’t been updating this thread that much. It’s mostly just been sandblasting and painting small parts and resorting other used karts I got. I got a used dash harness from a buddy. He just gave it to me along with a new bulkhead connector. I’m not sure if I’m going to run it though because it’s used and I don’t want to have this incident happen again but there’s no burnt or shredded wires on it. It does need a new fuse box. If I do run it I will bypass the main wire going to the ammeter.

The paint on the engine bay looks bad but that’s due to the car sitting outside and dirt collecting in it. It looks really good underneath the dirt. Same for the inside of the car.

Next I need to put a new core support on the car because mine was damaged ever since I bought it.

As far as the engine goes, there no damage to it. I checked the cylinders with a bore scope. I will be putting in a bigger cam and some headers and an aluminum intake. Then I’ll touch up the paint.

Hoping to find a lot of odds and ends this coming weekend and the nats and hopefully get this car back together. I start college in two weeks so it wont be going together quickly but I’ll be home on the weekends to work on it.

IMG_2133.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2135.jpeg

IMG_2136.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2138.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

IMG_2206.jpeg

IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2208.jpeg

Yeah sorry I haven’t been updating this thread that much. It’s mostly just been sandblasting and painting small parts and resorting other used karts I got. I got a used dash harness from a buddy. He just gave it to me along with a new bulkhead connector. I’m not sure if I’m going to run it though because it’s used and I don’t want to have this incident happen again but there’s no burnt or shredded wires on it. It does need a new fuse box. If I do run it I will bypass the main wire going to the ammeter.

The paint on the engine bay looks bad but that’s due to the car sitting outside and dirt collecting in it. It looks really good underneath the dirt. Same for the inside of the car.

Next I need to put a new core support on the car because mine was damaged ever since I bought it.

As far as the engine goes, there no damage to it. I checked the cylinders with a bore scope. I will be putting in a bigger cam and some headers and an aluminum intake. Then I’ll touch up the paint.

Hoping to find a lot of odds and ends this coming weekend and the nats and hopefully get this car back together. I start college in two weeks so it wont be going together quickly but I’ll be home on the weekends to work on it.

View attachment 1705585

View attachment 1705586

View attachment 1705587

View attachment 1705588

View attachment 1705589

View attachment 1705590

View attachment 1705591

View attachment 1705593

View attachment 1705594

View attachment 1705595
More

IMG_2210.jpeg