• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Fender Tag

I will get some pics on Saturday and post ,The car was blasted and 2 pac primed before we got it. and then we did the repairs . The tag was gone long ago and car has not been registered here in NZ yet ,but the chassis number is in the NZ system . I have only just bought this one so need to have a good up in the cracks look for some old paint

I will get some pics on Saturday and post ,The car was blasted and 2 pac primed before we got it. and then we did the repairs . The tag was gone long ago and car has not been registered here in NZ yet ,but the chassis number is in the NZ system . I have only just bought this one so need to have a good up in the cracks look for some old paint
Check the windshield area if it's not too late. Inside where the vent cowls go also.

That is really unfortunate. It would be bad enough for a more common car, but you have a rear R/T Charger. That will drastically reduce the cars value. I for one won't even buy one of these cars without the fender tag. Did you happen to take any pics of the car that would have shown even a portion of the tag? That way you could prove that it was with the car and maybe file a claim with the shops insurance company.

I'm not sure how, maybe someone here has more info, but I believe the Chrysler Historical Society may be able to supply some build info through the VIN.

@kiwigtx: I have a '69 Sportsman A-100 window van that is equipped with a 340 c.i./727 auto combination. All I need to get it back on the road is a LARGE pile of pictures of dead presidents, LOL! Attached is a picture from its glory days! :thumbsup:

Sportsman.jpg

You can have fender tags reproduced but OE is better. I having mine reproduced since I added few factory correct items. Yes be pissed they lost it and it in some guys toolbox. There are few more options on Internet but this a start

http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Datatags/

Look up under the dash frame. mine had colour under there,
So the tag was gone before you got it then?
No Build sheet under the seat?, first thing I took off was the fender tag when was was getting worked on.
If no colour then you can do what you like
If chassis number is in the system it must have gone for compliance so maybe have colour noted on that paperwork?
I'm in Palmy Nth
@kiwigtx finally got all the parts to complete my A01 package :)

@kiwigtx finally got all the parts to complete my A01 package
I am pleased to hear that. During my recent garage tidy-up, I could not find the items I was looking for. I know I have them...must be buried in my storage locker.

Upside is now I have a spare lights on buzzer, still waiting on the 2 pin door jam switches to arrive to finish the wiring set up

I am pleased to hear that. During my recent garage tidy-up, I could not find the items I was looking for. I know I have them...must be buried in my storage locker.

Auto Transport Service
Back