• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lowering the Rear

slepr1

Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Many years ago I had my weak leaf spring re arched and they also sandwiched a new leaf in the middle. Since then she always stuck her *** up higher than stock. I prefer the car to sit level so I adjusted the front end to level with the rear. Now the car sways and drifts a bit when driving and I don't like that. Dropping the front will correct this but then the stance looks too 80's jacked up look. I researched a bit and some people added shackles in the rear but they make it look worse imo. What are my option to lower the rear?

Attachments

• Doba.jpg
    Doba.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 218
You can use lowering blocks at the rear springs but dont use the aluminum ones as I hear they dont hold up. They do make steel and billet ones as thats what you want to use. Ron

I ran into this same problem when I had the springs on my Cordoba re-arched. I got some lowering blocks and discovered that they do not fit with the rubber isolators used on the "torsion quiet" suspension these cars came with. You could have some custom but I decided to make shorter rear shackles using some 1/4 inch plate steel and grade 8 hardware. I don't remember how long I wound up making the shackles but I lowered the rear end almost 1.5 inches. I am also considering making some new mounting bracket for the front to see if I can drop it another 3/4 inch or so.

I just ordered a set of Mancini Racing Spring Hanger Set, Item# MREAR0097. They attach to the front and will lower by 1 inch. After I burn these tires off I'm getting shorter rear tires and may need to lower some more.

Nice looking car slerp1. Good luck with getting the a$$ end down a bit.

I just ordered a set of Mancini Racing Spring Hanger Set, Item# MREAR0097. They attach to the front and will lower by 1 inch. After I burn these tires off I'm getting shorter rear tires and may need to lower some more.

You could also just turn the stock front hangers upside down. You'll have to elongate one of the bolt holes a little.

Auto Transport Service
Back