• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making some progress...

ramairthree

Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
got tail lights rebuilt with new sockets and harness pieced together,
every light in car working except a wire to the driver's front turn signal must be broke in side. it works or not depending on position. will sort that out.

matte black plymouth fender stickers, smaller than superbird ones got made real inexpensive, hood bulge stripes for under thirty delivered, will get sides and roof strobe minus the running bird over stickers for about 100$.

lots of runs in places, will spot fix or not.

got passenger mirror one.

need to tighten up front end before try on the road again.

003.jpg

ps-
also decided to save some money and not buy 15 inch rallys

will put 225/70s all the way around on the 14 inch rims
I do have four matching center caps, the newer style like on front

that gives me a half inch more diameter than 235/60/14s like are on it for rollers now

would have liked to go to bigger tires on 15s,
but that will more than double the price of new rubber

Nice car!!!It,ll be great when she,s all done!!
Petty Blue 67 gTx

Just put 15s on the back.

Is that a factory sun roof car?

Just put 15s on the back.

Is that a factory sun roof car?

yes,
but I have not gotten it working except manually (by hand, not the handle)
and it leaks like crazy and I have tape over it.

I think these are designed to leak. They pretty much have gutters and downspouts like a house. Mine has no gaskets at all and doesn't leak into the pass compartment. Are your drain hoses plugged? I posted some scans of the mechanism I had in the 71-74 area, along with a couple other folks' info. I just got a 73 body service manual and it has some more detailed text. I'll scan and post that when I get a chance. it's still not real clear how these things work, though. I don't think mine even has "the cable" anymore.

yeah, I do have the pan and hoses (which drain not OUT through a hole suprisingly but just between the inner outer quarters fenders and should drip out eventually.

DSCN4365.jpg

DSCN4367.jpg

I remember that thread.

More accurately, my sunroof does not close very tight. (and you have to open and shut it by hand, mechanism not working) They need to close fairly tight.

If it is working like it should, what little leaks goes into that huge pan and down the hoses, etc.

It is like mine, with quarter or half inch gaps or more from not closing right, I leaks enough that heavy rain, or wind with rain, driving with rain, etc. allow it to leak more than just what goes into the pan.

this is what mine looks like closed

042.jpg

you can see how I jammed a big socket to keep it up more, but it still leaks.

DSCN4360.jpg

am I missing some other piece, or is that how it should look closed?

ok.
I think my car is going to be one of those that end up looking pretty good when it drives past you.

Strip, rear curve, not quite where it should be.

in addition to runs, lots showing up in paint and strip that did not in primer (gray) vs the black.

I have plenty more interior cosmetics to do,
but am front end work and new tires only away from being a driver
am thinking 225/70/14s all the way around. those are 26.5 inch tires. saves me all new getting all new rims.

001-1.jpg

it may not be perfect, but my son helped me do them and that's better than the 3/4 inch better alignment at the bottom on the rear corner of the stripe than paying to get it done perfect.

Remember-
this is a car that was not going to survie.
100$ of bad driveway paint vs. real paintjob and bodywork,
or a
20$ hoodstripe and 100$ side/roof strobe stripes vs. the 300$ set
is still better than it was going to end up.

Auto Transport Service
Back