• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man Goes On Morning Run To Start The Day Off Miserable

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Jun 27, 2024

Article Image

MILWAUKEE, WI — Sources close to local man James Birkowitz confirmed earlier today that the Wisconsin native did, in fact, choose to go on an early-morning run in order to start his day as miserably as possible.

Family members said Birkowitz woke up "disgustingly early" at 5:00 A.M. in an extraordinarily chipper mood before he came up with the ill-conceived plan of completely ruining the rest of his day by voluntarily putting himself through a run.

"I don't know… it seemed like a good idea at the time," Birkowitz admitted when asked for comment. "But somewhere around a quarter-mile in, I realized that I'd completely forgotten a water bottle… and that I was wearing sneakers instead of running shoes... and that I actually hate running and everything it involves. I tried to stay strong, but absolutely lost it when I got about two miles out from home and realized that it was too late to turn back. By the time I managed to drag myself home, I was sweaty, completely out of sorts, and totally ready for a nap, but I had to go to work. Now my day is horrible, and it's all my fault. Thanks a lot, me."

Sources close to the Birkowitz household confirmed that James semi-regularly indulges in the ritual ruining of his day with a morning run, usually in three-month increments when he's forgotten how bad the last time was.

At publishing time, Birkowitz was seen heading off to the local CrossFit gym, seemingly having forgotten how grumpy and sore he was for three days after he tried it last time.

Why?

On July 4th, runners from around the metro — and around the world — will set off in the world's largest 10k race. Here's what runners should know ahead of the big day.

Peachtree Road Race 2023: Remainder of race canceled due to weather
With a heat wave brought on by the month of July, organizers said runners should dress accordingly, stay hydrated and pace themselves.

"We expect the typical Atlanta conditions for tomorrow and that’s hot and humid," Kenah said. "Last year, we did have two very serious cardiac arrests on the course. Thankfully, both were good outcomes but that’s one of the reasons that we talk about in these hot humid conditions to take it slow…we don’t want to see you at our medical tent.
https://www.northside.com/about/new.../3-tips-for-a-healthy-ajc-peachtree-road-race
With high temperatures expected to be in the mid- to upper 90s at least through the first week of July, odds are it will be another hot and humid AJC Peachtree Road Race.

The annual 10-kilometer (6.2-mile) race through the streets of Buckhead and Midtown draws thousands of people to Atlanta on the Fourth of July. Among the first-time runners this year will be Dr. John Andrachuk of Northside Hospital Orthopedic Institute – Sports Medicine.

Although Dr. Andrachuk isn’t new to running — he’s a veteran of half-marathons — he said he’s excited about his first time at the AJC Peachtree Road Race.

Jun 27, 2024

View attachment 1686224

MILWAUKEE, WI — Sources close to local man James Birkowitz confirmed earlier today that the Wisconsin native did, in fact, choose to go on an early-morning run in order to start his day as miserably as possible.

Family members said Birkowitz woke up "disgustingly early" at 5:00 A.M. in an extraordinarily chipper mood before he came up with the ill-conceived plan of completely ruining the rest of his day by voluntarily putting himself through a run.

"I don't know… it seemed like a good idea at the time," Birkowitz admitted when asked for comment. "But somewhere around a quarter-mile in, I realized that I'd completely forgotten a water bottle… and that I was wearing sneakers instead of running shoes... and that I actually hate running and everything it involves. I tried to stay strong, but absolutely lost it when I got about two miles out from home and realized that it was too late to turn back. By the time I managed to drag myself home, I was sweaty, completely out of sorts, and totally ready for a nap, but I had to go to work. Now my day is horrible, and it's all my fault. Thanks a lot, me."

Sources close to the Birkowitz household confirmed that James semi-regularly indulges in the ritual ruining of his day with a morning run, usually in three-month increments when he's forgotten how bad the last time was.

At publishing time, Birkowitz was seen heading off to the local CrossFit gym, seemingly having forgotten how grumpy and sore he was for three days after he tried it last time.

W.C. Fields once said:
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with."

:p

Some people use work for that.

Who loves/has Cherry Bombs?

Auto Transport Service
Back