• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mancini oil pan

polsled

Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Checking to see if the Mancini oil pan looks correct for a 71 six barrel road runner

To make it easier for knowledgeable people to look at the pan. Add a link to Mancini and to the pan. 121 people looked at thread.

Adding a link is way above my pay grade but I was able to find a correct pan

If your looking for a stock pan only one I found was 4+1 in the filter. NG for 6 pack. Did I miss others? I'd look else where, 440 source?

I can't recommend that one. The drain plug on mine wouldn't tighten at all. Of course it was filled with oil when I found out so it was an unnecessary hassle.

I'd check the drain plug as Don said, it could be same mfg. Better than putting it on and have problems.

I'd check the drain plug as Don said, it could be same mfg. Better than putting it on and have problems.
That's great advice Fran.
I do that, and I also fill them up on the bench to make sure there are no pinhole weeps from poor welds (after two Milodons with that issue).
Much easier to find any problems before it's been installed!

Easiest way is probably just fill it with water.

Easiest way is probably just fill it with water.
To find leaks water isn't the best because surface tension. You can fill a glass of water if done carefully it will above the top of the rim of glass. Gas or lacquer thinner works well. The pan OP ordered doesn't have seams, just checking drain plug so he won't have the problem you had.

Auto Transport Service
Back