• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Many Questions

Eric Pearson

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
Ok I’ve had this apart for 5 years and I’m not sure about a few things and was looking for some!
Question 1 would anyone be willing to share some pictures of the front lower windshield molding. I’m fitting all the moldings to the car to determine how to trim the vinyl top and noticed that my trim sits very low. I know that there is the thickness of the windshield and gasket but I don’t think that it will work. See attached picture!
# 2 is the upper door seal glued on the end that is on the door latch? See attached picture!
#3 I think that these two items go on the forward end of the upper door seal but I’m not certain!! See attached pictures. Thanks again for the help. This form has been a great source of information.

IMG_2655.jpeg

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2665.jpeg

IMG_2658.jpeg

Ok, the first picture of your bottom windshield molding should be fine once the windshield is installed. Your second question, put a little amount of weather strip adhesive on the tips and for the third question, these little fellas insert in the bottom windshield molding and wrap to the inside of the doors and attach with a screw. I have pictures if you need them

There should be clip that hold the windshield molding on. They need to be installed before the windshield. The long clips go on the bottom. I have read that early build 68 cars got extra long clips. I believe these were 67 clips.

Auto Transport Service
Back