• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

matching numbers

steve maluk

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
have a 69 RR 383 found vin # on block would the 727 trans also have the vin # on case?
would the diff have any #'s that would match the car?
any other significant outstanding #'s on car to be more confident that i have a close to or matching # car?
thanks
what is the easiest way to donate to the forum also thanks
sjm

VIN tag on dash, VIN # on fender tag, last 6 of VIN on drivers side trunk gutter, radiator core support, engine, and transmission. Those are the 6 places to check out for a numbers matching 1969 car.

Last edited:
VIN tag on dash, VIN # on fender tag, last 6 of VIN on drivers side trunk gutter and radiator core support, engine, and transmission. Those are the 6 places to check out for a numbers matching 1969 car.
engine shows vin# fender tag is missing but i do have two build sheets protected. Did manufacturer put two build sheets in car? one has the rust marks from under i believe was the rear seat. Did they ever put two build sheets in the car after assembly? Feel confident car is original but trans might be in question

Multiple build sheets did frequently occur. Or so I’ve heard - never found any in my 2 cars.

Multiple build sheets in the same car are not uncommon. Neither is finding build sheets inside that don't actually belong to your car.

Auto Transport Service
Back