• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

matt lauer too funny

While I’m not old, I’m waiting for reincarnation of Huntley & Brinkley, Cronkite & Edward R. Murrow.

I can'r remember her name, but remember the oriental lady that did the news on Today, and became co host, Lauer got her pushed out of the job..haven't liked him since that.
He got Anne Curry booted and she was a sweetheart. Glad the guy got the bums rush.....

"The incident that got Lauer booted took place during the 2014 Sochi Olympics, NBC revealed on Wednesday. According to Variety, Lauer routinely used his time traveling with NBC’s Olympics’ coverage to ask female staffers to come to his hotel rooms."

Apparently, Matt was doing his own version of pole vaulting.

Another piece of **** that thinks he is special. Good riddance.

Another piece of **** that thinks he is special. Good riddance.
Yeah, he's special all right. From what I've been told he was the one who got Ann Curry fired, so myself believing what goes around comes around, i guess he got his due. My thing is this. I dont question what two consenting adults do be they married to others or whatever, its not my concern. However when a guy in his position starts acting like a predator asshole then he deserved to be shown the door. Frankly i never thought he was a great newscaster. I saw him interview a few people in he news and was not impressed at all. Good riddance.

Boston media react to Matt Lauer shocker
Ex-colleague John Dennis: Matt ‘thought he was above it all’
Thursday, November 30, 2017
112917mattlauerfile.jpg

Credit: Herald file photo
Matt Lauer

On NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer seemed to be the male version of America’s sweetheart — doe-eyed and ready to deliver a saccharine tearjerker interview. But the camera apparently added a whole lot of likeability along with the usual 10 pounds, as the recently terminated anchor allegedly had an arrogant air about him dating back to his local TV days in Boston.

“The general consensus was that Matt didn’t think his farts stunk,” said former WEEIhost John Dennis, who worked with Lauer when he was at WNEV-TV (now WHDH) Channel 7 in 1988.

Matt Lauer frequently pinched Katie Couric's butt & once told Meredith Vieira to 'keep bending over''

“If I could assign a word to Matt, I would start in the beginning of the alphabet with the letter ‘A’ for aloof,” Dennis continued. “He marched to the beat of his own drum and didn’t interact with anyone. He thought he was above it all.”

That attitude prevented Dennis and his fellow WNEV co-workers from ever getting too close to the now-fallen, then-future superstar — swiftly terminated by NBC yesterday as stories emerged of what seems like pretty arrogant-sounding sexual harassment and abuse.

“I was just a lowly sportscaster so he didn’t really interact with me,” Dennis joked. “He didn’t want to get the soles of his Bruno Maglis dirty by associating with the cretins of the sports department.”

But as to whether there were ever any whispers circulating WNEV about Lauer allegedly engaging in sexual misconduct, Dennis said, “None. None whatsoever.”

The rest of the Hub’s broadcast community seems to be keeping a tight lip about what they think about the accusations surrounding Lauer. A few local names reacted to the news on social media, but kept it simple.

For instance, NBC Boston entertainment reporter Jackie Bruno tweeted shortly after 4 a.m. yesterday, posting that there was a “collective scream of shock in (her) house” when they caught wind of Lauer’s termination.

Ally Donnelly, an investigative reporter at NBC Boston, also took to Twitter, writing, “Wow. Culture shift,” in response to TMZ’s tweet that “Katie Couric in 2013 said Matt Lauer pinched me on the (expletive) a lot.”

And Robin Young, co-host of NPR’s “Here & Now” and a WNEV alum, summed up what many of us now think whenever we see a new headline about yet another falling star: “What??@NBCNews @TODAYshow fires #MattLauer for inappropriate.. oh you know the rest.”

I just love hearing these newscasters say sextoy. Its cracking me up. Yes, smug asshole.

"Land of the Lost"
Will Ferrell & Danny Mcbride.
"Matt Lauer can stick it"

It’s obviously become a very difficult and scary world nowadays to have much communication with the opposite sex. Say the wrong thing and your career could be instantly ruined leaving you in insurmountable disgrace! Sexual harassment training (having received it) leaves one wondering what you can chat about with the opposite sex on a casual level. Football? And nope – never say “nice dress” or “hey you look great” or "I like your new hair style". This can be construed as harassment pal. The training didn’t cover “you look like crap” or “that outfit makes you look heavier”. However, I highly doubt this would be recommended conversation either. Yet over the decades many have found their soulmates at work like my parents did. I reckon if there had been harassment laws back then, I never would have been born and my father’s career would have never blossomed. He played an important role as a design engineer in a factory building torpedoes in WWII. Had my mother reported him to HR he would have been fired and thus not been there to make his contribution to winning the war! Unless you look like George Clooney or some other guy nominated as the sexiest guy in America, scoring a date is a risky venture. Rejection is one thing; the fact today one can be reported to HR for likely termination makes for don’t try it scenarios. On the other hand why do some women expend so much effort to look “sexy”? I can suppose having Mr. Right on their mind come along. What’s this, one in 500 or 1000 who might take their bait and of which they might or not find appealing? I’m sorry (not really) some females walk around in public others would not think about leaving their home looking like. So I had the idea of inquiry/disclaimer cards to present to the opposite gender. Accordingly it shouldn’t be assumed your conversation was intended to entice a sexual encounter or harassment. Simply some questions males would like to inquire about and not lose their job or end up being prosecuted. If you're interested in my series of disclaimers just let me know.

Apparently Couric has no comment. She had no problem ambushing Palin (if you recall), but gets rather tight lipped when it too close to home. I used to like her, but after the Palin incident I lost all respect for her.

Auto Transport Service
Back