• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max Wedge engine color

64 Max Wedge

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
I think it's supposed to be race hemi but someone told me the lighter street hemi orange. Thx in advance.

Race(64-5) Hemi orange should be correct. Also known as "Omaha" orange,if I recall...

Street Hemi orange is darker,unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Thanks Al. I thought it was race - noticable difference. Couldn't remember lighter or darker - must be that sometimers thing.

This is 10yr old Race Hemi Orange from Chrysler,the original color was just a little lighter and also a little dull.This is as close as you'll get without having it mixed.

Attachments

• oky.jpg
    oky.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,508
its race hemi orange.

Attachments

• 63%20PLYMOUTH%2065%20DODGE%20A990%2068%20HEMI%20ROADRUNNER%20032.JPG
    63%20PLYMOUTH%2065%20DODGE%20A990%2068%20HEMI%20ROADRUNNER%20032.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 883
This is Dupli-Color Hemi Orange I used on my new eng as the Mopar cans just never seem to work right so I used the this and it worked good and looks to be about right. Ron

100_1469.jpg

I thought Race Hemi "Hemi Orange" was more "red" then the Mopar High Performance Orange (seen on the 440 6 pack/6 barrel) Wasn't the Max-Wedge 413 and 426's painted Race Hemi Orange? -As those I've seem looked a bit deeper "redish" then that seen on say a 440 6 pack.... It was a more pale orange....

Max Wedge Color

This is the motor in the '62 Savoy I sold last year. I wish I could have kept it. When I had the engine built I had it powder coated. The coating company didn't Have any Mopar orange. They told me this was Chevy orange. 276.jpg

As stated earlier, Race Hemi Orange is a lighter color than Hemi Orange. It should look a little duller in appearance. Mine didn't because I sprayed it with a 500 degree clear engine paint as a top coat.

Attachments

• Max Wedge Engine completed  4.jpg
    Max Wedge Engine completed 4.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,108
Mine have always been the lighter race Hemi orange. Though obviously this isn't a stock max wedge.
Doug

Attachments

• racecar 474.jpg
    racecar 474.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 418
Auto Transport Service
Back