• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meter Match.

I just dialled up the instruction manual for the Meter Match unit, and it looks like a lot of reading and comprehension to get that thing working well. Either that or a whole heap of dumb luck getting it right.

I just use that traditional method of filling the tank every time I go out, and refill when it looks a bit on the low side, or I mentally calculate how far I'll get based on what I have travelled.

BTW I have a custom fuel tank - basically a big rectangular box - and a vertical fuel sender unit....like picture below

1721902428020.png

The fuel gauge works off 5 volts. Over volting would give you a high reading if I'm not mistaken. The original fuel gauge is powered by the voltage limiter on the back of the cluster.

The traditional Mopar ohms resistance is EMPTY 73--75, HALF SCALE -- 23-25, and FULL 10-13 or so

I connected the external power supply instead of the battery and tested it in car. All the gauges were still powered like when the car drives getting 5V throught the dash limiter.

Auto Transport Service
Back