• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mexican Myths

I don't think "Mexican" has anything to do with it. I've had seven new homes built from one end of the country to the other and have NEVER had a good cleaning crew. They get the bulk of the dirt, etc but its never a detail job.

What’s your point?

My point is it’s a mixed bag.

Last edited:
When I was having our house built I needed a corrugated drain line for the gutters on the front of the house run around the side to the back where it could drain. Our grading guy wanted to make a commercial project out of it and wanted too much money so I decided to dig/pick/hoe it in myself before sod. One day I was out there picking and shoveling for all my 60 year old body was worth and raising a pretty good sweat. The grading guy shows up to check on his men in back and walks by where I’m slaving away. As he passes he said “You know I can’t hire white guys to work like that any more.”

I did use a women who lived just up the street from where we built to do the final cleaning - a scrawny little white women. She occasionally did this for home builders in the neighborhood - and she actually did a great job for us.

When you don't have a green card and are forced to work for cash, people will take advantage of you, treat you like **** and pay you peanuts. Where's the incentive to work hard for cunts like that ?!?! Those are the poor folks that people think are lazy slouches. Put yourself in their position for a minute and tell us how hard you'd work for a few bucks an hour !!!

The one's that can work legally can make a decent wage and will earn it. It boils down to "pay me what I'm worth".

My point is "Mexican" has nothing to do with a poor job.

Of course it has nothing to do with it, only stating a fact and telling a little story.

The same Mexican Landscaping Company who I just praised on their great work had quoted us a price on maintaining the lawn. We found a local White Boy Company to do it for 1/3 the price.

It always gets fun when people (not you specially) do the group thing.

Oh, and I don’t believe my Grandfather ever went back to Mexico.

Last edited:
When you don't have a green card and are forced to work for cash, people will take advantage of you, treat you like **** and pay you peanuts. Where's the incentive to work hard for cunts like that ?!?! Those are the poor folks that people think are lazy slouches. Put yourself in their position for a minute and tell us how hard you'd work for a few bucks an hour !!!

The one's that can work legally can make a decent wage and will earn it. It boils down to "pay me what I'm worth".
It use to be like that pre-pandemic. In todays tight labor market its much more difficult for scum employers trying to pay **** money even if they are illegal. There is such a skilled labor shortage in the USA and Canada that its becoming a wage war on who can pay the most.

some of it (OP's article/link) is BS/spin, but much of it is true
I won't go, any farther, (this doesn't belong in GDF) & insult the OP,
that's just my take
Like anything you need to take the truth & good or bad
& interpret it for yourself, your own experiences

I've seen the good & some really bad

I don't/won't go to N'orleans either

I find it amazing that Mexicans will come here ( legally/illegally is another issue ) and work hard, yet certain people who's ancestors have been here for over a hundred years still can't get their lazy asses out to work and just look to collect whatever welfare/gov't handout they can get their hands on.

Getting back to the OP’s original thought here are some links to the south of the U.S. borders living conditions.

[/URL]

The average daily wage in Mexico is 474 pesos or $25 and the average daily USA wage is 8 times higher at $200. Now these figures are arbitrary, I’m not a scientist but I am a mathematician. That’s my
disclaimer.

I have to mention our “friendly neighbors to the north” and at least give them credit for their border security. When folks attempt to cross their “ya hay dere” country line one can expect a keen eye, vehicles torn apart, confiscation of little pepper spray and maybe even a stomping horse hoof. After all that it’s welcome to Canada, now spend your money, enjoy yourselves because we are watching and tell your friends about the great fishing.

1C16C80A-ADC5-4BB8-BA09-6E1FA1CBEAB7.png
B5BF0E9E-F71E-4923-833A-299357F731F9.png

Where’s the Gringo??

[/URL]

E760C440-C11D-4DE1-8C3E-54E749933870.png
AEA5BF19-9A63-4938-A27E-27D8BC7C294E.jpeg
E853E058-5D9B-4B08-8945-E97E847486FE.jpeg

I’m calling Hogwash on the myth article.

Last edited:
I went to Mexico City in 1973 and it had just pass Tokyo as the largest city in the world. At lease outside of China. China was still closed to the world and we didn't know of what was there. Stayed in a really nice hotel and saw all the sites. I would say that it was probably about 85% poverty. Huts built on top of huts. Pretty sad really. Not really a middle class. A few of the rich and then mostly poor.

yet certain people who's ancestors have been here for over a hundred years still can't get their lazy asses out to work and just look to collect whatever welfare/gov't handout they can get their hands on.

No surprise here, they're born into it. Their grandparents went on welfare after the war, their parents figured it was better than working and now they know nothing else. But of course its all society's fault because nobody made them get an education, training, etc !!

Hey guys.....try and keep the emotional political posts out of this General Forum please.

Auto Transport Service
Back