• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Cruise Control Unit

mnewell337@gmai

Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
I currently have an under hood cruise control unit from a 1979 Ramcharger that am wondering about similarity with a 1969 cruise control.

Here is my 1979 unit, anyone with a 1969 unit care to chime in with similarities/differences?

Thanks,
Mike

7-24-2022 10-08-15 AM.jpg
7-24-2022 10-08-46 AM.jpg

Similarities? They are both cruise controls... They both use a servo, two speedometer cables, If fact they share (in general terms) virtually every component

Differences.. The servo is completely different, kinda like the similarities every component is different.... But the biggest change is the servo...

1969 and older servo use a vacuum disconnect to break the operation

1970 and later use electrical disconnect to break the operation

Thanks Guys!

I have a few parts of a 69 cruise control system, and the servo in the picture.

Was curious if they could be combined, but with the differences you both pointed out, it appears not.

Mike

I installed a cruise control system from a mid-seventies Cordoba that looks like the pictured unit. Later systems used a servo with a plastic body. What you really need to make this work, is a brake light switch with two extra connections to shut the system off when the brakes are applied. The Chrysler switch is no longer available, so I found another switch from RockAuto that does the same function. I think the original application was for an eighties Suburban.

I like the idea of a cruise control on my car, but removed the original parts when I converted to a six pack manifold.

Will just sell the parts I do have in the end.

Thank you for the info.

Mike

That looks to be the same unit that is on my 70 Charger with factory cruise control.

Auto Transport Service
Back