• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR JACKETS FROM THE PAST

moes

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Here are two nostalgic jackets I have. The orange Dodge Scat Pack is from 1971 and the blue Plymouth Rapid Transit is from 1981.

IMG_1961.JPG IMG_1962.JPG

Really cool! I'd love to get an old one to cruise around with in my 64.

It's a little crusty after all of these years, but I still have it.

DC Jacket.jpg

What size is the blue one and how much for it , I have one for my wife like it would like one for myself, extra large

Cool jackets, I think 'I had' both of them back in day
when I was a kid going with dad to the track

I had one of the jackets from the Ronnie Sox/Plymouth Clinics too
IIRC, I think it was white, with blue & red stripe 'up & down' the right side
over the chest from the beltline up to the shoulders
& on the collar or maybe the elastic style cuffs too
IIRC it had a big ol' Blue (or red ?) Plymouth Heart Logo
with the devil tail on it on the back
& a blue or red (?) Plymouth style script/patch on the other chest side
in the front
'I think' (?) it was more of a Plymouth specific thing
then specific to Ronnie Sox or the Plymouth Clinics
but that's where my dad bought it for me

I wore that jacket everywhere, every day to school etc.
I was like 8-11-ish, so appr. 1967-70 (?)

I looked online I couldn't find it
I'd love to have one in XXL now

Last edited:
Didn’t they reproduce these some years ago ?

I remember my old man buying me one for Christmas some years ago brand new

Just like N O S parts from 1971 , I would assume ORIGINALS demand a pretty penny

Didn’t they reproduce these some years ago ?

I remember my old man buying me one for Christmas some years ago brand new

Just like N O S parts from 1971 , I would assume ORIGINALS demand a pretty penny

Yes, they were. I bought the blue Rapid Transit one.

482678C2-5FAA-463C-A585-23F01E71D15F.jpeg
Yes when love to have one to wear at shows ,wife has one of the blue Plymouth logo with red heart and tail ,that and old buddy gave her , wears it when we show our Gtx

Didn’t they reproduce these some years ago ?.........

Re-pops came out a while back so I caught a pair. Made in USA labels on 'em.........

upload_2021-3-9_8-1-21.png

Lol, What's left of my old cool weather DC jacket. It's taken a beating. Now just a garage jacket...

upload_2021-3-9_8-7-23.png

This black MP 90's (?) I'm thinking............

upload_2021-3-9_8-47-9.png

I'd love to have one too but the ones I see for sale are inevitably much too big for me. If any of those smalls or mediums ever need a new home ......... :)

Billy has a heavy Summit racing jacket he's had forever. The only "cool" coat I have isn't car related. It's the Winner's jacket from a 1995 qualifier for the ESPN World Open Billiards Championships (the ONLY time live pool was ever televised ... because it was a disaster lol). I got in the money (13th place), handed Grace Nakamura her second elimination, and played next to Jeanette Lee twice though never against her. She's a machine! I think I paid more attention to her game than my own that first match. It was my first tv appearance out of three. Happy memories ...

Last edited:
Really want one of those jackets with direct connection on the sleeves. I know it doesn't exist in 2xl though..

Auto Transport Service
Back