• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar M1 intake manifold

PolaraFury

Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
Does the Mopar M1 intake manifold require a specific cylinder head or can it be ran on any cylinder head?

Thank you

They did make a M1 single plane with max wedge ports and one that only fits on the rb stage VI head with raised ports. Also made intakes for B engines. Some fit 4150, some fit 4500 carbs.
M1 covers a lot of applications..
Look for part numbers!

Last edited:
Yeah there are lots and lots of M1 intakes so you have to be careful. Especially if you're buying an unknown manifold from someone. The M1 4500 intakes make really good power for race engines but they are hard to find. The extra wide M1 intakes are worthless unless you own Stage VI heads.

Get a pic.

And an fyi……

The numbers cast into the manifold are not the part number……… those are the casting numbers, and will not match the numbers in the catalog or on the box.

And if you buy one thats been cut on enough, it might not fit anything but the motor it just came off of.

Thank you for the advice. I had gone down a rabbit hole on the internet and my head was sore from all the experts.

Basically, if you’re running std port heads that use “normal” std port manifolds, then an easy way to look at MP intakes is…….
If it has a valley cover cast onto it, it’s not what you want.
There are 4 “normal” MP single plane intakes.
2 for B, 2 for RB.
They come in 4150 or 4500 versions for each deck height.

Basically, if you’re running std port heads that use “normal” std port manifolds, then an easy way to look at MP intakes is…….
If it has a valley cover cast onto it, it’s not what you want.
There are 4 “normal” MP single plane intakes.
2 for B, 2 for RB.
They come in 4150 or 4500 versions for each deck height.
Thank you

I've got a NOS Mopar M1 for a W2 small block that I have to find and put up for sale. Like was said previously, Mopar used 'M1' for a lot of intakes!

I guess my previous response should have actually started with a question.

What engine were you trying to find an intake for?

My mind went to BB(so my response was directed towards that), but it could have just as easily been something else.

Get a pic.

And an fyi……

The numbers cast into the manifold are not the part number……… those are the casting numbers, and will not match the numbers in the catalog or on the box.
Generally true about factory Mopar intakes = but the M1 that I have seen had the Pxxxxxx number
on the intake that matched the catalog number.

Auto Transport Service
Back