• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morocco Morocco Where The Heck Is Morocco

Well, I'm depressed now.

The reason I like this forum is because everyone is old like me and remembers true good music....BTW bee I saw Black Sabbath in concert. My first actually. It was the heaven and hell tour with Dio. They played sweet leaf...lol

Hey Wile-E.... yeah, when I was a kid, scientists thought that homo-sapiens & Neanderthals were totally different species & Neanderthals went extinct. THEN came gene sequencing & they found out that the two "pre-humans" actually inter-bred. I think the latest theory is that the 3% or so Neanderthal DNA is what allowed "modern man" to resist all the diseases in Europe since Neanderthals had been there for thousand & thousands of years before the second migration out of Africa & had become resistant to European bacteria & stuff like that. Most of us (especially white guys) have at least some Neanderthal DNA....weird stuff.
One of the mysteries of mankind is what exactly happened to the Neanderthal. They were always an endangered species and there presence disappears from fossils records (20k years) after cro-magnun appeared in Europe.
Basically I think they were bred out after joining and adopting the more advanced Cro-magnun practices and Culture.

If only they had a system of writing back then.....

You are correct. Science changes all the time. IF we find the bones of some white guy many thousands of years older than the African bones, I will change my mind. Actually, I heard a "rumor" of something like this from Europe, but haven't seen anything confirmed yet. Science moves slowly.

Stephen Hawking changing his own break through theory about space a few years ago. So science isn't infallible. And just to throw this into the mix. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170523083548.htm

When in Spain studying Spanish (2009), I made a day trip to Tangiers, Morocco one afternoon (took a ferry boat across the straits of Gibraltar). I purchased a "magic" carpet while I was shopping, that's what I call it anyway. There were no prices and the salespeople told me to make an offer. I believe I paid the equivalent of $200.00. It could have been worth only $20.00 for all I know. At least I can say I have a souvenir from Africa.

Auto Transport Service
Back