• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mounting 360 LA to pushbutton 727

moparXdarren

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello all, been years since I’ve used this... Planning on running a 360 in my ‘64 Fury as temporary motivation til I can build the wedge later. It will eventually be a 4-speed but for now I’d really like to use the poly pushbutton 727 that I have with it. What would I need to make the 360 work with the early PB 727? Thanks!

If the 727 was originally behind a 350, 361, 383 or 413, you're out of luck. The bell housing pattern is different from the Poly, the LA and the 5.2 and 5.9 Magnum series engines.
Another consideration is the year of the transmission. There were some engines with extended crank flanges. Also look at the torque converter hub to make sure the sizes match.

Last edited:
Good Morning MoparXdarren It's not hard at all ; The 360 is externally balanced so...B&M makes Flex Plates for externally balanced engines..... Check out here: B&M 10239 B&M Flexplates | Summit Racing
By using this Flex plate the whole deal is a bolt together affair. Using the Torque Convertor from the Poly. No complicated mods etc. I'm using a Big Block version of the above Flex plate in my '63 with a cast crank 440 and a "B" series Pushbutton 727. Works great!

The LA360 is externally balanced, while the Poly318 is internally balanced. You will need one of those "unbalanced" drive plates to make it work. Mancini or A&A Transmissions sell them.

Good Morning MoparXdarren It's not hard at all ; The 360 is externally balanced so...B&M makes Flex Plates for externally balanced engines..... Check out here: B&M 10239 B&M Flexplates | Summit Racing
By using this Flex plate the whole deal is a bolt together affair. Using the Torque Convertor from the Poly. No complicated mods etc. I'm using a Big Block version of the above Flex plate in my '63 with a cast crank 440 and a "B" series Pushbutton 727. Works great!
Great thank you! That’s about what I was thinking but wanted to be sure.

Depends on what converter you want to run. The above info will work if using the push button Poly converter. If you want to swap the converter (now or later) it would be wise to swap the input shaft and pump (or just the reaction shaft support portion of the pump) with a 67-70 unit. You can also use the parts from a 71-77 (non lock up). But the front drum from a 71-77 is required as well. 66 and earlier converters are 19 spline. Not many aftermarket converters are available in 19 spline.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back