• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muffler identification help needed - Hemi replacement

hemidart1

Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
I have two sets of repro mufflers, one is stamped with the correct number for my 67 Hemi GTX and the other set has a number I don’t know what it is supposed to mean. Any help would be appreciated. One set is going to go on my car

2862DC31-1FE1-478C-9138-00A74799978B.jpeg

687E8813-A7E1-4FF7-B660-A350D5EB08F5.jpeg

8409B315-5EE4-47AE-BF81-BE1B87F80EFF.jpeg

FBBE59E0-DFA1-465D-9F6B-51FF9168236F.jpeg

I don’t know. My Accurate repro mufflers had completely different markings than the older Hemi mufflers I took off of it. Sounded the same though.

I found this old thread and have the exact same muffler and markings as in the first pic. These were bought from Mitchell Motor Parts 20+ years ago. They were literately on a fire sale because they have cosmetic damage that can be seen. Does anybody know anything about these? Maybe an early reproduction or something Chrysler put out later? There is no Pentastar. Also have any idea what the 7Y1 means? Doesn't seem likely it is a date code as mine has the same on it.

Thanks.

hemi muffler 2_edited.jpg

hemi muffler_edited.jpg

If the number on a muffler means that much to you, put the ones with the right number on.

I bought a pair 2781300 threw the Mopar dealership late 80's. They were made in Canada and galvanized different than yours.
muffler2.jpg

If the number on a muffler means that much to you, put the ones with the right number on.
What is the correct number? I think the part number is correct. Not that worried about it but have had these for years and really don't want to spend $$ on a new ones. Just curious if anyone knew anything about that muffler?

I bought a pair 2781300 threw the Mopar dealership late 80's. They were made in Canada and galvanized different than yours.View attachment 1690926
So maybe the markings on these mufflers are not exactly the same as they were when the cars came from the factory in 1970. But maybe are what Mopar replacement mufflers look like a couple of decades later. That's good enough for me!

Don't remeber date code on muffler I posted, it's after 1971. Mid 70's I think.

I talked with Gardner exhaust and also about the hemi mufflers I had and if he knew anything about those. He said Mitchell Motor Parts had those made by a muffler company back in the day. He said they were reproductions of the hemi muffler and fit and worked like the hemi muffler. But was never meant to look exactly like a NOS hemi muffler. It has the part number but no date code or Pentastar.

Gardener does not want to sell a system w/o mufflers where I could use mine. I understand that but means I need to sell these. Any idea what they would be worth? The only issue is the black soot on the surface. They are solid mechanically.

hemi muffler 2_edited.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back