• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 440

KAPSBIRD

Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
So recently purchased a 440 for my 383 Road Runner 4spd . I've been reading up on everything swap wise and everyone says different things. My question is what else am i going to have to change other than the oil pan , motor mounts and intake. Do i also need a different clutch, stater and flywheel? Btw its cast crank

You will need a cast crank flywheel. Or attach the necessary weight to the one you have. If you do that, same clutch would be ok. If you don't, whether the clutch fits or not depends on the size of the flywheel, I.e. 10.5 vs 11. If the 440 was an automatic, the pilot bushing needs to be fitted, and/or snout of input shaft cut.

also distrib and hold down are diff as well as anything that bolts through to the heads on the front will require a diff bracket.many people overlook that stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back