• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First American Muscle

That's the way to do it. See it. See potential. Buy it. Then figure out how to make it yours. Lovers and haters will come and go. But stay true? And enjoy the ride. (And of course post progress with LOTS of pics!)

Welcome from Missouri!!

@Bcon ....
You're only "a" letter away from being the favorite of most on the forum!
:thumbsup: :lol:
16qlrx.jpg

That's the way to do it. See it. See potential. Buy it. Then figure out how to make it yours. Lovers and haters will come and go. But stay true? And enjoy the ride. (And of course post progress with LOTS of pics!)

Just wanted to post an update on the old 73.

I replaced all the wiring with a new American auto wire kit, took a couple months but every thing works now.
Replaced the instrument cluster with Autometer 7030
Replaced the intake with a edelbrock (performer i believe)
Bought a sequential LED tail light conversion ( looks super nice)
Bilstein shocks
tried to put on a 800 edelbrock to replace the 750 but i could not get it to run right ( bog down when i give it gas)
put in a boss hidden Bluetooth stereo system
Lokar kickdown cable conversion - kickdown never worked, wow it really woke it up
FBO ignition

Still have to get the backup lights working, i think someone but a 2 prong comb in the 727 so the 3 prong plug i have in it put the back up light on in every gear

Link for taillights

so i have been running no front plate for a while and decided to build a bracket to mount one .. pretty easy just a bent piece of metal and was able to bolt it to existing holes in the bumper. Now i am VERY partial to the trend where one lights up the plate with very bright very white LED's i have done this to my MK6 GTI and Jeep, also the back plate of my Charger, so i decided to do it with the front and ordered a couple small rock lights, i think it looks great. Thoughts?

That looks cool, but my main criticism of LED light arrays--on ANY car--is that some of those LEDs will invariably burn out, and it will not look good...especially if you're OCD. :lol: And, you can't simply replace a bulb, surface LEDs require very finicky soldering. Every day, I see cars with burnt-out LEDs in taillight arrays.

That looks cool, but my main criticism of LED light arrays--on ANY car--is that some of those LEDs will invariably burn out, and it will not look good...especially if you're OCD. :lol: And, you can't simply replace a bulb, surface LEDs require very finicky soldering. Every day, I see cars with burnt-out LEDs in taillight arrays.
true but 11 bucks for 10 of them so i have 8 left over lol. just the front ones .. back array was pricey so i get your point

Yeah, I was talking more about the very spendy rear arrays. I've seen the ones for the '69-'70 Chargers on some YouTube videos and the manufacturer's website and though they look pretty cool, burnt-out LEDs are going to happen sooner or later.

I'm also partial to the sinister red glow of the original taillights compared to the super-bright LEDs, so I am a bit biased, too. :)

Cool Charger Welcome to the site! I have a 73 too,and more than a few others!

20171102_074610.jpg

20220925_200214.jpg

Yeah, I was talking more about the very spendy rear arrays. I've seen the ones for the '69-'70 Chargers on some YouTube videos and the manufacturer's website and though they look pretty cool, burnt-out LEDs are going to happen sooner or later.

I'm also partial to the sinister red glow of the original taillights compared to the super-bright LEDs, so I am a bit biased, too. :)

Sinister glow…like this?

IMG_7003.jpeg

As opposed to this (also not my car)...Just my 2 cents but I prefer the red glow to the overbright in-your-face LED lighting--at least for taillights. And if a bulb burns out, a couple bucks for a new one and you're done.

NotSinisterTaillights.JPG

the good thing about my taillight assembly is the LED board just plugs into the existing light sockets there was no modification needed except running a wire for the sequence memory

I like LEDs, don't get me wrong...much more energy efficient, almost no heat...I swapped out most of the interior lights in my Grand National with blue LED bulbs, they're brighter than ordinary white bulbs and give it some character.

one thing i cant stand is LED headlights .. besides how they look every single time i pass a new subaru or f150 at night i am completely blind

one thing i cant stand is LED headlights .. besides how they look every single time i pass a new subaru or f150 at night i am completely blind
I agree, when I bought my 2005 Dodge Magnum, the previous owner had installed gimmicky LED headlights & taillights like these:

l_2lhpmag05gtm[1].jpg

I got rid of them and put these in instead:

575b8f1824f409ccf52e3a6ede3b8c1e_590x.jpg

Those projector/halo headlights with all the little LEDs are just too ricey for my tastes.

Auto Transport Service
Back